NHL'94 Forums

general question about a 2on2 rom

jenzie

just messing about with ea hockey (but can be applied to other nhl roms), and going to make a 2on2 rom for it .....

when the extrenuous date is removed (like the players not needed) i assume the unused data reverts to a zero, can the team data still there be moved to an empty area, so that more teams can be added?

or is it a strict data structure?

what do i need to look out for, in data terms, or cold be simply a case of moving the team data??

or just all wishful thinking :)

i did download the nhl94 2on2, but it's corrupt :( so can't check it

thanks

jenzie

The attachments get fouled up sometimes. You can get the 2on2 rom here.

Just take a look at the lines in NOSE and you'll see what I did.

yeah, did that for my ea hockey 2on2, but instead of using lines, i just put three players + goalie, and have 2 minute periods, so it's just the one line used!

what i meant is if there is any free space in the rom if there are less players in it? as the players taken out are !!!! Hex0

If you remove player data by shortening a players name or removing a player all together then yes. But I don't think any bytes are freed up by leaving a position empty on a line.

In case your wondering auto bytes in NOSE automatically moves the free bytes to the player or team your editing.