NHL'94 Forums

New Vancouver Jerseys

IPv6Freely

*cry*

sweater04_082907_b.jpg

These are absolutely disgusting. WTF do they need to say "VANCOUVER"? RETARDED.

I can just imagine... the Leafs go back to their old 102 point maple leaf on the front with TORONTO in big bold letters across the chest. Oh god, please kill me now.

Yeah, those are pretty strange. Do they not do test groups or anything?

The logo needs to shrink to be in the right proportion with the text... Not that the text should be there in the first place.

Leave it to the Cansucks to find another jersey disaster. It's pretty bad when your one franchise is responsible for about three of the most hideous sweaters in National Hockey League history.

Those things are disgusting. Do they really need the "Vancouver" watermark on their home sweaters? Would people in British Columbia think these are the Canucks from Vancouver, Washington?

Leave it to the Cansucks to find another jersey disaster. It's pretty bad when your one franchise is responsible for about three of the most hideous sweaters in National Hockey League history.

Those things are disgusting. Do they really need the "Vancouver" watermark on their home sweaters? Would people in British Columbia think these are the Canucks from Vancouver, Washington?

Maybe they needed to dumb it down for the American fans who can't figure out what team it is based on the logo.

*edit*

Nice to see the capitals going back to basics with a new spin on their classic logo!

Also, the new sharks logo kicks ass

Also, the new Ottawa jerseys suck too. I hate that stupid cartoon face, and now its their main logo on both home and away. Awful!!

Xstioph I agree! I wish they brought back the jerseys from the 90's. I liked those, they had three great colors: black white and a hideous yellow. Of course the yellow is my favorite. In my closet I have a Bure jersey in all three colors. *sigh*

Methinks they are trying too hard to be like the Whalers....

Yeah I gotta say, even though I'm a huge Nucks fan, I totally hate that big VANCOUVER word they put on top of the Orca.

Without that word on the jersey I would actually call this a pretty good jersey. I mean, if you think this is bad, look at all the other Canucks jerseys (except Vintage).

But still, a dissapointing jersey.

Bring back vintage!

11RDFH68AXL._AA160_.jpg

Hey by the way, does anyone know where I can see all the new jerseys of each team (if they've been released)??

The only jersey I've seen so far besides the Canucks is the Capitals, and I love it!!!

Hey by the way, does anyone know where I can see all the new jerseys of each team (if they've been released)??

The only jersey I've seen so far besides the Canucks is the Capitals, and I love it!!!

DMAC, you can probably head to most of the team's websites that have released their new look for the upcoming season and take a gander at their new sweaters. I know I've seen some threads in other forums on new jersey releases, I am just too lazy to go dig them up right now. Don't take it personally, haha, even though you are an Orca-lover.

Off the top of my head, these other clubs have new sweaters out for this year, in addition to the Vancouver and Washington ones you have already seen:

Columbus, Boston, Detroit, Florida, NY Rangers, Los Angeles, NY Islanders, Carolina, Ottawa, Nashville and Tampa Gay. San Jose has a new logo, don't know if their new jersey is out yet?

http://forums.smirkinchicken.com/thread.ph...1&pagenum=1

There are some pictures there, including

Boston (very nice, old style. tieup lace at the neck)

Carolina (video game render??)

Columbus (the white one is very.. white)

LA (fairly traditional with the elbow stripe/ring and shoulder colour. Says "Los Angeles" at the bottom of the front in case anyone gets confused)

Nashville (not quite right.. looks more like a football jersey to me?)

Islanders (page 1: prototype, might not be the final version. page 3: final version? also has tieup neck)

Pittsburgh (meh)

Washington (neat)

Florida (gah!) page 3

Ottawa (shudder... needs some stripes or shoulder colour) page 4

Say what you want about the jerseys.. at least they aren't plastered with ads like in European leagues.

leafs.png

I don't mind these. I think they'd be better if they had the original (early 90s style) leaf patch on the shoulders. But I actually like the triple stripe.

Is this the official jersey? I thought the leafs ones weren't coming out until the 12th..

Is this the official jersey? I thought the leafs ones weren't coming out until the 12th..

I dunno for sure. But unlike all the other fakes out there, this one doesnt use the exact same pose as the rest... I'd be happy with this though!

• 3 weeks later...