NHL'94 Forums

NHL95 pc 07edition

yirmiahu

Hello 95 fans,

I have been making an updated roster for the upcoming '07 NHL season. I'm just about done with it. All teams are current as of today. It will have 28 teams. Minnesota & one other expansion team (Atlanta, Nashville or Columbus) are in the All-star slots. I've set the attributes of all the players & goalies a little higher than average to compensate for '95's slower pace. I think this lends itself to a quicker styled game (slapshots more realistic) kinda like NHL94.

I'm now thinking of updating the season statistics for all the players based on '06-'07 NHL stats. I'm giving myself until the start of the hockey season to finish this project overall.

What I don't have have the time or ability to do is update graphics (jerseys or center rink). So I'm putting the word out there to anyone who might be interested in contributing something in the way of '07 graphic updates. It would be nice to at least have the some of the jerseys updated. Anahiem, Los Angeles, Phoenix & Vancouver come to mind. I know Buffalo & Washington are wearing their retro styled jerseys this year circa '94. Anything, everything or nothing???

Thanks again to Johan Emanuelsson for compiling & sending me the '95 tools. It's been an adventure updating this game. :lol:

Thanks very much for attempting this!

Speaking of old editors, there's one in there that supposedly lets you update the stats automatically. ("stats.zip"). There's no documentation, but from what I can gather it takes the text lists of stats, searches for players whose names match, and updates them accordingly. Might save you some time.

I'll see what I can do with JED for some of the updated jerseys.

I could help with editing the jerseys of all of the teams. Besides that, I have no experience in changing the center ice logos or other graphical editing.

What are you going to do about some of the other graphics that I'm not sure there is an editor for, such as the jerseys in the team selection screen and the higher resolution team logos in the matchup screen?

It sounds great though! I would love to start another season on 95 with an updated game. And keeping the game updated wouldn't be that difficult once you get it caught up to the present.

Here's a head start for you. I've made these changes:

- Home jerseys are now dark, road jerseys are now white.

- Detroit, Montreal, the Rangers, and (I'm guessing) Chicago are unchanged, since the tiny new Reebok details can't be shown.

- I've updated Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington, Calgary, the Islanders, Ottawa and Florida with their new jersey designs. I've never been able to get the skating penguin right, so they have the 90's logo for now. The other ones I've tweaked here and there, but if you can find a way to improve them, go for it.

- I've done Vancouver, but I don't think that the color is correct. (Incidentally, I took the old Hartford jerseys as a template. The more things change...)

- I vaguely remember seeing Dallas's new design somewhere, but I don't have a good picture, so that's a work in progress.

- Yet to be done: Edmonton, LA, New Jersey, Colorado, San Jose, St. Louis's home jersey (and whatever updates they make), Toronto, Phoenix, Anaheim, and the latest All-Star jerseys. Other than Los Angeles, all of these haven't been released or leaked yet, as far as I know.

Again, whatever changes you (or anyone else) would like to make to these, be my guest. I don't know what to do with "importing pcx logos", so that needs work too.

EDIT: I'm removing these attachments because they are out of date. My most recent work in progress is later in the thread.

Thanks for the replies.

Three stars, can you possibly send me those attachment bins to me personally I can't seem to download from the board here. Logged in or not.. It's quite maddening ;)

Yeah, I saw the stats.zip program in there but didn't know how or wasn't sure how to use it. No documentation. Anyway, I'm just about half way done with updating all players stats based on 06-07 season. So, I figure I'll just wrap it up here in the next week or so.

I know we are kind of limited in the things that can be updated in the game. I couldn't even begin to know how or if you could change the jersey selection screen. I'm not sure how the logos can be updated in matchup screen but I know it's possible. As well as the center ice logos.

I've just updated all rosters and changed team names. Minnesota & Atlanta are the 2 All-Star teams. I also made slight adjustments to division alignment. I moved Detroit & Toronto to Northeast & changed Quebec to Colorado put them in Central. I also switched Hartford to Carolina switching w/ Tampa Bay in Atlantic because Carolina is closer to the Atlantic than Tampa. Even though you can put teams in any division with nhlinfo the game seems hard programmed to have 7 teams in Northeast & 7 in Atlantic like it was in '94 or it tweaks the stat viewing a bit.

I'd really like to get all the jersey's up to date if possible and teams in-game logo's through .pcx files. I know they have to be sized just so. I'll pretty much be happy with any updates though. I really just like this game a lot. As much as '94 especially beacause of stats & season play. I've even toyed with the thought of updating all extra players to up & coming or minor league players, but that is a major undertaking. And like you said gprice07 once it's up to date w/ the editor you could update & play for years to come if you wished.

Anyway I'll post when I've got the rosters at a finished state if anybody is interested in giving them a run.

How about if I make some more progress on the jerseys before I send them? If I can get them done this weekend, so much the better.

I'll add Minnesota and Atlanta to the list. Colorado and New Jersey just got scratched off my list since they're reportedly not changing anything. Still waiting on Edmonton, Dallas, St Louis, Toronto, Phoenix, and Anaheim.

I need to do something about the striping on Washington, since the game can't put the vertical stripes on only one side, and what I've got looks kind of awkward. I'm either going to make it a midline shoulder stripe, or eliminate it from the shoulders and leave it on the sleeves.

I also have to fix the socks and striping on various teams.

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Check your PMs. Only a few left.

How about if I make some more progress on the jerseys before I send them? If I can get them done this weekend, so much the better.

I'll add Minnesota and Atlanta to the list. Colorado and New Jersey just got scratched off my list since they're reportedly not changing anything. Still waiting on Edmonton, Dallas, St Louis, Toronto, Phoenix, and Anaheim.

I need to do something about the striping on Washington, since the game can't put the vertical stripes on only one side, and what I've got looks kind of awkward. I'm either going to make it a midline shoulder stripe, or eliminate it from the shoulders and leave it on the sleeves.

I also have to fix the socks and striping on various teams.

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Check your PMs. Only a few left.

Do you Need help with the In-game Logos? :unsure:

Sure, I'd appreciate the help.

Here's my very latest update. (Attached). There are more than a few "psychedelic logos" because the palette colors have been changed. If you (or someone) have a quick fix for that, then go for it.

EDIT: Updated in its own separate thread.

Thanks for the link & nice work Three Stars.

It would be cool if we could update the in-game logos. I'd really like to see the skating penguin at least for Pittsburgh being a Penguis fan for 20 years.

I should have the rosters done by the weekend. I'm just finishing a few teams stats and cleaning up free agents now.

Keep updating...good luck :unsure:

Sure, I'd appreciate the help.

Here's my very latest update. (Attached). There are more than a few "psychedelic logos" because the palette colors have been changed. If you (or someone) have a quick fix for that, then go for it.

Nice work so far. :P But don't forget to import on both home and away jerseys.

Here are some In-Game Logos made by me to import. Some aren't that good. For example : Edmonton, Washington and Vancouver. Perheps use the original to those teams. I hope this is a little bit help for you. :lol:

Look at Pittsburgh :unsure:

NHL95_In_Game_Logos.zip

:P

Thank you very much for those. I've got them all imported, and they look nice in the game. The only changes I've made so far are to Edmonton (made the oil drop copper colored) and Pittsburgh (made the yellow into "Las Vegas Gold"). The original logos from EA were cartoonish in nature compared to yours, so I didn't mix and match.

I updated my attachment above.

Johan's got you covered. I've imported his new logos, including the skating Penguin, into my jerseys.

I'm just waiting for the last few jerseys to be released or leaked. I don't think there will be any more drastic changes with who's left.

By the way, are you replacing All-Stars West with Minnesota and All-Stars East with Atlanta? I assumed that was the case, but I want to make sure, so I can have the jerseys in the right place.

I'm a Pens fan as well. :unsure: