NHL'94 Forums

first screen of WHL INTERNATIONAL

jenzie

been busy over the last two days (well, as busy as i can get :rolleyes: ) trying to figure out how in heck to do the ice logos ..... and finally earlier today, i did <_<

and also in the pic are the GREAT BRITAIN COLOURS i intend to use (the away colours are like the old england away strip, like from 1966 ..... yes, i'm scottish but i though it looked good!)

so here it is ..... the picture .....

post-1215-1189121955_thumb.jpg

the rom is still way off from being finished, just trying things out ..... the teams are made with stats and lines for some ..... and i've also made a ton of international team colours (the total international team count is ..... 122! think someone will make a rom for THAT!!! i wouldn'd mind one for TWO HUNDRED TEAMS though B) )

*some other news*

asides from messing my brain up by doing some graphical stuff ..... i've been making new teams ..... how does US STATE TEAMS sound?

all i did was to get the top 26 cities, by population, of each state ..... and make teams for them, using the random number technique and randomly generated names!

also i want to do british football/soccer teams as well, as i've been looking for stats from football/soccer games like FIFA;PES;FOOTBALL MANAGER and CHAMIONSHIP MANAGER, so i've got that in the future as well!

asides from messing my brain up by doing some graphical stuff ..... i've been making new teams ..... how does US STATE TEAMS sound?

all i did was to get the top 26 cities, by population, of each state ..... and make teams for them, using the random number technique and randomly generated names!

Sounds pretty cool actually.

I wonder if, for state ratings, doing something based on NHL penetration by state would ever make sense. I know Alaskans are proud that they've sent a couple of guys to the big leagues.

Sounds pretty cool actually.

I wonder if, for state ratings, doing something based on NHL penetration by state would ever make sense. I know Alaskans are proud that they've sent a couple of guys to the big leagues.

but the secret is WHAT stats the players will have!

in another thread i said i was doing stats based on RANDOM numbers, so it would create a real mix of skill structure for each player, and i wouldn't be paring down the team's stats either ..... so they shouldn't be that different

there's only 11 points difference overall in all the teams, but i think the real difference will come in WHO has got the most favourable stats! i've been VERY strict as to where each player is in the lines, so you could have a starting centre with a rating of 137 ..... or you have a starting centre with a rating of 81!!!

it all depends on the randomness of the stats, and how lucky the teams is in it's combined ratings ..... there's almost a HUNDRED point difference in the team with the top rated starting line, and the bottom rated starting line!

but the international rom is first .....

i've done all the ice logos now, including one not in my list (oops) and here's a list of the teams that are going to be included:

teams with -X- beside them will be available in normal nhl 94 rom, the other 4 will be in WBOY's 30 team rom ..... eventually ..... and hoping for a quick release for the nhl93 30 team hack (or a hack rom with more than thirty teams), they'll be in that too

AUSTRALIA -X-

AUSTRIA -X-

BELGIUM -X-

CANADA -X-

CHINA

CROATIA -X-

CZECH REPUBLIC -X-

DENMARK -X-

FINLAND -X-

FRANCE -X-

GERMANY -X-

GREAT BRITAIN -X-

HOLLAND -X-

HUNGARY

ICELAND -X-

ITALY -X-

JAPAN -X-

LUXEMBOURG

MEXICO -X-

NORWAY -X-

POLAND -X-

RUSSIA -X-

SERBIA -X-

SLOVAKIA -X-

SOUTH AFRICA -X-

SPAIN -X-

SWEDEN -X-

SWITZERLAND -X-

UKRAINE

UNITED STATES -X-

the nhl94 release will be first, but it's still a long way off ..... i'll keep you all informed in here

• 3 weeks later...

little update .....

completed the team lines

completed the team banners :P actually rather enjoyed that ..... using WBOY's banner graphics.png, and filling the colours in pixel-by-pixel .....

and now starting to gather up PLAYER CARDS!! i want as many as i can find for each player ..... should be fun :exciting: or COMPLETELY INFURIATING!!!! (done austria, australia and canada ..... next is CHINA!!! gawd)

as for the stats, i was going to use my "user generated" stats, and put in the aussie and canada stats in, but were NOT suitable ..... australia WON all their games for flips sake ..... and because of the limited nature of them (0 to 6!!), i'm going to make all the players on the same team the same stats. so canada will have all 6's, and australia will have all 2's ..... so the top five teams using the IIHF rankings will have all sixes, the next five all fives, and so on.

oh and i'm just going with WBOY's 30-team rom, because of his excellent tutorial!!

TUTON WBOY ..... TUTON

gradually getting the rom in shape, slowly and surely .....