NHL'94 Forums

NHL 08 for 360 league???

I got NHL 08 for xbox 360 and was just wondering if any of the fine people who think 94 is the best want to try a completely different experience in NHL 08. I've already setup a league with friends, but if there is interest I'll also setup a league for NHL 94 fanatics (although my friends all love 94 as well).

Rules will be: 5 minute periods, penalties on , fighting on, speed medium

Am looking for input on number of games to play each team in the league (1/3/5/7/9/11), but that will also depend on interest.

Anyways if you have a 360 and get on xbox live gold (if your online its like $6/month).

Also recommend league name and we'll have a poll later.

Just make sure you have the most updated version of firmware and you'll be fine.

My buddy is playing with flashed firmware, just have to make sure its the right one. The firmware should say if its live compatible. You may get banned, but its a console ban, so you could still use your account at a friends house (if you have a memory card). My friend has been banned once but I know others who haven't been banned.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be in, as my 360 gets here in 2-4 weeks. I have borrowed a friends, and have been playing my copy of 08 like mad. I have to say, EA has made a fantastic game. Dare I say it, it's better than 94 in the sense that it's very realistic. The AI is great, I have the Leafs in dynasty mode, and although i'm something like 18-5-1, EVERY game has been insanely close.

I have to say, EA has made a fantastic game. Dare I say it, it's better than 94 in the sense that it's very realistic. The AI is great, I have the Leafs in dynasty mode, and although i'm something like 18-5-1, EVERY game has been insanely close.

Because of this, I just might buy NHL 08 for the PS2. Has anyone heard of the PS2 version being similar to this one? I just want to hear if the PS2 version is as good as the 360 version or at least a bit similar.

If only they had made it for Wii, then I'd buy it for sure.

Avoid the PS2, XBOX and PC versions like the plague Dmac. If last year is any indication, those are NOTHING like the 360 and PS3 versions. Example. NHL 07 on difficult on the 360, games are close and I lose quite a bit. NHL 07 on difficult on the original xbox, I win 15-2. The AI is terrible and the goalies can be deked out insanely easily.

Avoid the PS2, XBOX and PC versions like the plague Dmac. If last year is any indication, those are NOTHING like the 360 and PS3 versions. Example. NHL 07 on difficult on the 360, games are close and I lose quite a bit. NHL 07 on difficult on the original xbox, I win 15-2. The AI is terrible and the goalies can be deked out insanely easily.

That's good to know. I have NHL 07 for PS2 and was wondering if I should buy NHL 08. But for $19.99, I might as well buy it anyways.