NHL'94 Forums

Video software for highlights

gprice07

What is the preferred video software among the members here who have made highlight compilation videos? I've tried a few freeware ones, and none have worked. All have had an error when combining my WMV files. So what video software do you guys use, that does not create a watermark?

What is the preferred video software among the members here who have made highlight compilation videos? I've tried a few freeware ones, and none have worked. All have had an error when combining my WMV files. So what video software do you guys use, that does not create a watermark?

Somewhere on the forums there is a version of Gens that can record to AVI. Once you have the AVI files, they can be edited with VirtualDub.

When making AVI files, always remember to compress the audio to MP3 when done, or your files will be huge (raw audio is around 10x bigger than mp3).

Somewhere on the forums there is a version of Gens that can record to AVI. Once you have the AVI files, they can be edited with VirtualDub.

When making AVI files, always remember to compress the audio to MP3 when done, or your files will be huge (raw audio is around 10x bigger than mp3).

I'll give VirtualDub a try then. Actually, the videos are for NHL95 PC. I'm not sure if dosbox can capture video, but I used a video capture software to record my saved highlights to AVI, trimmed them down to WMV format, and am now looking to compilate them and add a song to the background.

I'll give VirtualDub a try then. Actually, the videos are for NHL95 PC. I'm not sure if dosbox can capture video, but I used a video capture software to record my saved highlights to AVI, trimmed them down to WMV format, and am now looking to compilate them and add a song to the background.

For AVI video compression, grab the Xvid or Divx codecs (google 'em). x264 could be good, too...

Theres a version of zsnes out there that allows direct output to avi. Unfortnately it for some reason doesnt allow netplay - at all.

But in 1.43, the version with netplay, can't you just save a state, and then open it in 1.51 and export to .avi there?

What is the preferred video software among the members here who have made highlight compilation videos?

On topic: I used Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for my video, which I felt was really easy to learn. Only used it for a couple of hours. Has a lot of transition effects and stuff and I've probably just scratched the surface.. And then there's Pinnacle Studio, which is also said to be pretty easy to learn, haven't used this one though.

But as a free alternative, I'm guessing VirtualDub can do the most (which I recommend trying out either way, it's a great program that's useful for a lot of things, both audio and video related).

Somewhat related: mp3DirectCut is a really neat free program for cutting and editing mp3 files without losing quality (lossless).

I think I'll first give VirtualDub a try. The files I have now are in WMV format, and I've read that there are VirtualDub knock-offs that edit other formats, i.e. WMV. Or if there is no watermark placed in the video by VirtualDub, then I may re-vid capture them from the emulator and do it all as AVI.

I think I'll first give VirtualDub a try. The files I have now are in WMV format, and I've read that there are VirtualDub knock-offs that edit other formats, i.e. WMV. Or if there is no watermark placed in the video by VirtualDub, then I may re-vid capture them from the emulator and do it all as AVI.

Vdub leaves no watermarks. I don't think it does screen capture, though... You can capture from an external source (TV tuner, video in line.. ) but, as far as I know, not from the screen.