NHL'94 Forums

Week 72 of the GDL Season 2

IAmFleury'sHipCheck

Carse, I think I'm going to need you to lock yourself in the cpu lab so no other students can get in there so at least your ping is low enough that we can play.

You might get expelled for a stunt like that but at least we won't be the laughing stock of the league anymore.

Correction, we'll still most likely be the laughing stock but it would be nice to finish what we started.

I'm pretty flexible this week. If you need me to bring my pad into work so we can play during the day which might be a better connection during that time, I can do that tomorrow or Thursday... all the big dogs are in Board Meetings this week. But let me know before I leave work tonight so I can plan ahead.

I can see it now, cruising cnn.com to get caught up on the world's events...

"Chicago Man Loses Job Playing Video Games at Work"

Further down in the article...

"You don't understand" EricAnthony76 shouted to reporters, "I have to get this done! We are on week 72 of the GDL and the peanut gallery on nhl94.com is making snide remarks about our non-completed season!"

I'm not giving up on this. And I especially don't want anyone to say that I haven't tried to make this happen.

Until D steps up and say something, this kind of scheduling is what I'm limited to.

Man, I hope I don't get fired, that would obviously suck... at the same time, I can't have you guys throwing shots this direction anymore. Hopefully Carse can work out something with this connection soon.

I played EA in Classic League a couple of nights ago. I have three games against Carse on my schedule. My new goal is to get those games played before the GDL finals start so that I can have successfully completed my series with each finalist individually while the GDL remains unresolved. I will then dissolve into a puddle of girlish giggles.

I played EA in Classic League a couple of nights ago. I have three games against Carse on my schedule. My new goal is to get those games played before the GDL finals start so that I can have successfully completed my series with each finalist individually while the GDL remains unresolved. I will then dissolve into a puddle of girlish giggles.

You can probably crawl on all fours to Chicago and Pittsburgh respectively, play your remaining Classic League games in person and still be back before the GDL is complete...