NHL'94 Forums

Tim 'Chevy' Cheveldae : Unstoppable

Logan

I started up a game in SNES, playing as Detroit vs All Stars. The way I was playing, I was taking control of the goalie whenever they got control of the puck on my half of the ice, and making at least 5 passes before shooting. After 3 hard periods, the score was deadlocked at 2-2, and overtime bagan. With the game on the line, Cheveldae is all that stands between 3 All Stars breaking in and the net. The save he makes there is the first of many...

Tim Cheveldae - Unstoppable

Tim Cheveldae saved 32 shots in the first 3 periods, allowing only two goals. In overtime, he made 22 saves, 21-ish of which are show on the video. Chevy showed his resilience by making desperation saves left and right.

Yzerman eventually potted the winner off of a nice setup by Federov. Just to recap, Tim Cheveldae had 54 saves on 56 shots for a 96.4 save percentage. Most of the saves in regulation were standard saves, with the occaisional dive. However, Overtime was basically ALL diving saves. The only ones that weren't were usually the initial shot, then Chevy would make the dive on the rebound.

EDIT - If you're wondering why some saves were on bottom of screen, some on top, it's because there was two overtime periods

• 4 weeks later...