NHL'94 Forums

Just a suggestion

mkibble

Alright for anyone that doesnt know what Xfire is, you should look it up. Its an IM device made for gaming. thats its purpose. They have really neat things with it, some helping games like call of duty 2 and unreal tournmant but also, you can make a clan/group with it. with this, assuming everyone has made a screen name with it, you can see everyone that has been added to this group. you dont have to add everyone, you only have to apply to join the group. From that point on you can see everyone that is online, wtihout having to add all of their screen names to aim. its basicly shows everyone in the group and you can talk to them easy. it works well for games i use it for.

just an idea.

its crazy that no one has heard of this. it is separate then aim but assuming everyone used it, it would work great. it doesnt incorporate emulators on the games it supports but it the way netplay works ,it wouldnt really matter. it just says if your online or not.

heres a screen shot of how it works with the clan i'm in the call of duty 2.

asdasdis5.png

you can see how it says who is on and who is not. and when your added to the group, you can see everyone else that is in it. therefore you dont need go and add everyone.

Pretty much the same can be done within Steam (from Valve software, anyone who've played half-life or cs should know about this) nowadays with the "new" Community thingy. It's really not a bad idea. In Steam you can enter a chat (for the Community Group your a part of) and then it would be easy to fin someone to match up against. I've used xfire and it worked pretty well, it was over a year ago by now though.