NHL'94 Forums

NHL2008.bin

Mahavishnu

NHL2008.bin (by swos & Mahavishnu) finally released.

http://update.nhl94.com/

And as always, this rom and it's rosters are updated constantly.

All rookie players, except goalies, are currently overall 50-58, because it is impossible to forecast how good they'll be. Rookies will be adjusted as soon as possible, if they perform well in real NHL.

NHL2008.bin (by swos & Mahavishnu) finally released.

http://www.nhl94.com/update/

And as always, this rom and it's rosters are updated constantly.

All rookie players, except goalies, are currently overall 50-58, because it is impossible to forecast how good they'll be. Rookies will be adjusted as soon as possible, if they perform well in real NHL.

I've been waiting for this to come out, thanks for the release. :lol:

Very nice, I'll use this as a template for my personal updated ROM since I'm useless with graphics beyond NOSE.

A few things you might want to know. Some of these might not even exist because I'm just naming them off the top of my head.

Ryan Miller - #30

George Parros - #16

Tobias Enstrom - L

Chuck Kobasew - R

Jonathan Cheechoo - R

Shaone Morrisonn - L

Alexander Semin - R

I'm digging it quite a bit, but the Penguins don't seem to play quite right.

Endurance levels on players don't seem quite right. . . Endurance levels don't reflect the minutes that these players get.

Some of the tougher Penguins power forwards are really soft and can get knocked off the puck with easy in the game, not quite the same in real life where Staal, Malone, Ruutu, and Talbot can play keep away for days.

Talbot should be a much better overall player than Christensen. Scuderi should be a better dman than Orpik, because he is. Orpik gets the least minutes for a reason.

I'm digging it quite a bit, but the Penguins don't seem to play quite right.

Endurance levels on players don't seem quite right. . . Endurance levels don't reflect the minutes that these players get.

Some of the tougher Penguins power forwards are really soft and can get knocked off the puck with easy in the game, not quite the same in real life where Staal, Malone, Ruutu, and Talbot can play keep away for days.

Talbot should be a much better overall player than Christensen. Scuderi should be a better dman than Orpik, because he is. Orpik gets the least minutes for a reason.

Hey, another Pens fan! I hope this doesn't come across as harsh, because I don't mean it to be... More like just a strong disagreement.

To say that Scuderi is better than Orpik is laughable. Frankly, I am shocked Scuderi was even resigned. He is servicable at best. If/when Letang ever gets his head on straight during this season it will be Scuderi who rides the pine barring injury or age catching up to Sydor or something. About the only thing Scuds has going for him is his skating has improved since he broke in and he blocks shots fairly well on the PK. (Which is where he gets the extra ice time, by the way.) Orpik, on the other hand, has always been a quality skater and is one of the better checkers on the team. Unfortunately, he takes stupid penalties at times and rarely shows the willingness to drop the gloves anymore which was supposed to be one of his assets coming up.

As to Talbot/Christensen... I agree that Mad Max needs a little more props than he's been given. You won't find too many people higher on him than me. I was baffled when he was sent down at the beginning of last season. His skating has vastly improved and he is quickly becomming a solid two way player. (His D is already stellar and he's been showing flashes of an offensive touch even going back to late last season.) At the end of the day, however, he is still a 3rd line center. (He will never be Ron Francis.) To say that he is, "a much better overall player than Christensesn" is a bit much. The fact is, Erik Christensen has all the tools right now to be a top sniper in the NHL. I believe only Gonchar has a harder shot than Erik on the Pens squad. One only needs to look at what Christensen has consistantly done in shootouts to see he is a special player. That said, he just doesn't seem to "want it". Where Max has unbridled enthusiasm and a love for the game, Erik almost seems half asleep on the ice more often than not. It's actually kind of sad to see. But, he still has the rating edge between the two on raw talent alone.

If nothing else, this little discourse has shown just how different opinions on player values/attributes/ratings can be. I respect all the "hackers" here. Rating teams, most of which you probably don't even watch occasionally let alone follow, is no easy task. Overall, I haven't come across a rom here yet that I really felt just stunk due to player ratings.

[insert smilie holding up "peace sign" here]

• 1 month later...

First off I just want to say THANKS! It is great that you guys spend the time and effort so we can enjoy this game with current rosters.

Anyways, can you take a look at Mike Richards (C #18 Flyers) for future updates. He is the most underrated player in the NHL by most fans and media. He is now the 2nd line Center with RJ & Knuble. Plays his ass off on every shift. Turned himself into a scoring machine (look at the pts), also one of the best defensive shutdown Centers. Can fight, check, pass & shoot. Future Captain in Philly.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's halfway point of NHL season and it's time for new and adjusted version of NHL2008.bin. NHL2008.bin is now more realistic with more speed and with adjusted goalies. Now best teams like Red Wings and Senators really are the best and worst like Kings are the worst. And best players really are best players. But still all teams are very playable. Player stamina depletion and recovery are also adjusted. Players don't lose energy as fast as in earlier version, but you still have to use all three lines, because in real NHL games teams do use all lines.

http://update.nhl94.com/

It's halfway point of NHL season and it's time for new and adjusted version of NHL2008.bin. NHL2008.bin is now more realistic with more speed and with adjusted goalies. Now best teams like Red Wings and Senators really are the best and worst like Kings are the worst. And best players really are best players. But still all teams are very playable. Player stamina depletion and recovery are also adjusted. Players don't lose energy as fast as in earlier version, but you still have to use all three lines, because in real NHL games teams do use all lines.

http://www.nhl94.com/update/

Enjoying the new version.

Thanks guys!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
newbie here!

this site is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to try this with the new rosters......

where do I put this bin file???

=)))

cheers

Put it anywhere you like. You just need to select it when you choose Open ROM... from the File menu in the emulator.

that would be a good reason why

where can I get the SNES bin file?

thanks

it does not exist currently...the reason being....snes doesn't have a 'do it yourself' editor like genesis.....so everything is done through hex editing which is painfully slow and time consuming.

• 2 weeks later...