NHL'94 Forums

GDL 3 Sign-Ups

DaDonch44

Hey Guys,

This thread is to get an idea of how much interest there is in the league. We have a great core group of reliable players and would like to keep it that way.

If you are new to the league, the best way to improve your chances to get in is by playing games with some of the vets. If it is decided that you are reliable to play games and finish the schedule, you will be welcomed with open arms.

So whether you are returning to the league from last season, or if you are new and want a shot into the league, just make a quick post so I can keep track of who wants in.

I will keep a signup list at the end of this post and update it as more people sign up or get back to me.

I will also list the owners from Season 2 and the teams they played on so everyone has an idea of what teams are available.

Also, think about a couple of teams that you might want to play with. If you are a returning player and want to keep the same team as last season, please let me know when you respond. If you want to change to a different team please jot it down as well, and if it is available you will receive that team. New guys, write down like 3 teams that you would want in order, and if they are available you will be first in line to get that team.

Season 2 Owners and Teams

**Note: RED denotes Owner remaining with that team.**

ANA - DaDonch44

ATL - Open

BOS - Hokkeefan

BUF - angryjay93

CAR - Open

CBJ - Open

CGY - TessLog

CHI - EricAnthony76

COL - Open

DAL - smozoma

DET - thegr8199kings

EDM - Open

FLA - skoolyardpuck

HFD - Ranatoro

LA - KingsCupRun93

MIN - Open

MTL - HABS

NJ - kgman

NSH - Open

NYI - scribe99

NYR - Vocally Caged

OTA - itsmemikehey

PHI - Open

PHX - Open

PIT - Matt Hurray

QUE - Open

SJ - edisaurusrex

STL - Carse

TB - Open

TOR - takeyourpill666

VAN - dmac

WPG - Open

WSH - monkeyjuice

GDL 3 Signups:

**Note: If you have previously played in the GDL before, but either did not participate last season, or were replaced, you will be listed as a "New" Coach for Draft Lottery purposes.**

#. Owner - Returning /New - Requested Team (Old Team (if any))

1. DaDonch44 - Returning - Anaheim Ducks (Anaheim Mighty Ducks)

2. Backhandfloater - New - Chicago Blackhawks (None)

3. SSiG - New - New Jersey Devils (None)

4. angryjay93 - Returning - Buffalo Sabres (Buffalo Sabres)

5. skoolyardpuck - Returning - Ottawa Senators/Boston Bruins (Florida Panthers)

6. scribe99 - Returning - Minnesota Wild (New York Islanders)

7. MattHurray - Returning - Pittsburgh Penguins (Pittsburgh Penguins)

8. Jamonica - New - Calgary Flames/New York Islanders/Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes/Dallas Stars/Toronto Maple Leafs (None)

9. EricAnthony76 - Returning - Los Angeles Kings/Boston Bruins/Detroit Red Wings (Chicago Blackhawks)

10. Hokkeefan - Returning - Boston Bruins (Boston Bruins)

11. awesomerino - New - Hartford Whalers (None)

12. Logan - Returning - Quebec Nordiques (Calgary Flames)

13. thegr8199 - Returning - Los Angeles Kings/Tampa Bay Lightning/Vancouver Canucks (Detroit Red Wings)

14. IceStorm70 - New - Toronto Maple Leafs (None)

15. lakings93PA - Returning - Los Angeles Kings (Los Angeles Kings)

16. jrodimus - New - No Preference (None)

17. dmac - Returning - Vancouver Canucks (Vancouver Canucks)

18. Halifax - New - Columbus Blue Jackets (None)

19. Carse - Returning - St. Louis Blues (St. Louis Blues)

20. smozoma - Returning - Dallas Stars (Dallas Stars)

21. Vocally Caged - Returning - New York Rangers (New York Rangers)

22. sdogg - New - Hartford Whalers (None)

23. Segathon - New - No Preference (None)

24. newjerseykiller - Returning - Philadelphia Flyers (Washington Capitals)

25. kgman - Returning - Winnipeg Jets (New Jersey Devils)

26. edisaurusrex - Returning - San Jose Sharks (San Jose Sharks)

27. HABS - Returning - Montreal Canadiens (Montreal Canadiens)

28. TakeYourPill666 - Returning - Colorado Avalanche (Toronto Maple Leafs)

29. xdeathsbloodx - New - Phoenix Coyotes (None)

30. sebe - New - Quebec Nordiques (None)

Since kgman probably is not coming back, and you know me to be reliable unless I'm sick or really swamped...I shall re-claim my Devils. Unless somehow, kgman comes back. If he does, put me on the reserve list incase someone drops.

Colorado Please. (Unless EA wants to let me have Chi Back :angry: )

My role was to be the Steward of Chicago. As much as I hate to give up my home team, I made that promise to BHF that I would relinquish Chicago upon his return.

Backhandfloater, have at it.

Of course, this leaves me in a precarious position since most of these teams are spoken for and I'm not really interested in teams that came after the Nordiques transitioned to the Avalanche.

So put me down for LA, BOS, DET in that order for now. If those aren't available as coaches reply back in, I'll keep picking.

*EDIT: it looks as though the teams keep filling up so after DET, could you put me down for QUE, CAL, TOR *

mr. dadonch44,

hypothetically speaking...if a snes player requested permission to make his gens debut in the GDL...and was granted permission by the GDL board of trustees...would there be any chance to bypass the rule of teams from '94 to '08 and allow said player to place a claim to the minnesota north stars?

mr. dadonch44,

hypothetically speaking...if a snes player requested permission to make his gens debut in the GDL...and was granted permission by the GDL board of trustees...would there be any chance to bypass the rule of teams from '94 to '08 and allow said player to place a claim to the minnesota north stars?

Mr. Halifax,

You are more than welcome to sign up for the GDL. Unfortunately, for a couple of reasons I would like to keep the teams limited to NHL teams between the years of 1994 and 2008.

For your situation specifically, scribe has requested the Minnesota Wild, and the Dallas Stars are still in play by smozoma (if he comes back). So it would be weird to have 2 teams that use Minnesota and 2 teams that use Stars.

However, I am more than happy to add you to the list, is there any other teams you might want? :mellow:

Hey Donch, will there be a deadline for this topic so then we know when we can start the draft?

Its probably going to be sooner rather than later.

The deadline for the GDL 2 Finals is October 22nd at Midnight EST.

I'm currently going to try to contact the rest of the possible returning players to see if they are coming back.

We have 19 people signed up and still have 10 returners who have not said one way or the other.

I wanted to keep the teams to around 24, so if I can get an answer from the rest of the returners within the next day or two, we can stop signups and we can start figuring out teams, waiting lists, etc.

I want to put a tentative date to be able to start drafting around Nov. 1st.

That way I can get in touch with Dmitry and learn how to use the database, get at least the teams on the ROM set up in order so I can do the team logos, ice logos, banners, uniforms, etc. Then as the draft is ongoing I want to move the player cards to the right spots. So I foresee the ROM biggest my biggest project. Once thats done, I'll get a schedule set up and take it from there.

But I want to get this up and running as soon as possible. :mellow:

Its probably going to be sooner rather than later.

The deadline for the GDL 2 Finals is October 22nd at Midnight EST.

I'm currently going to try to contact the rest of the possible returning players to see if they are coming back.

We have 19 people signed up and still have 10 returners who have not said one way or the other.

I wanted to keep the teams to around 24, so if I can get an answer from the rest of the returners within the next day or two, we can stop signups and we can start figuring out teams, waiting lists, etc.

I want to put a tentative date to be able to start drafting around Nov. 1st.

That way I can get in touch with Dmitry and learn how to use the database, get at least the teams on the ROM set up in order so I can do the team logos, ice logos, banners, uniforms, etc. Then as the draft is ongoing I want to move the player cards to the right spots. So I foresee the ROM biggest my biggest project. Once thats done, I'll get a schedule set up and take it from there.

But I want to get this up and running as soon as possible. :mellow:

Sounds great man, I appreciate your hard work and taking over as commish of this great league.

This season might just be the best yet! :)

Sounds great man, I appreciate your hard work and taking over as commish of this great league.

This season might just be the best yet! :mellow:

No problem man, I just didn't want to see the league die out.

I hope I can help make this a great season, but it takes everyone :)

However, I am more than happy to add you to the list, is there any other teams you might want? B)

The Columbus Blue Jackets....thank you sir.