NHL'94 Forums

Let Hokkeefan back into the GDL?

DaDonch44

Should we let Hokkeefan back into the GDL?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel?

• Yes
    • No

After all that has transpired with the new accounts he has created, the multiple times he has apologized, and the multiple rants he has made. Do the masses feel that he should be allowed back into the GDL, and given another shot?

POST A RESPONSE ALONG WITH YOUR VOTE OR THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!

You would think this would be an easy answer, but it isnt. The reason being is if we dont let him in, he will try and get in under a different name. But if you do let him in and the league 'slows down', he will try and create a new name just to make it go faster.

The guy is so obsessive and cant be trusted, I dont know how to answer your question Don.

Call me crazy, but I voted yes.

Bottom line: The guy has some skill and he WILL PLAY all his games. Do some periodic IP checks to keep people in line with the multiple identities.

If you don't like his attitude, just ignore em.

edit: If we cannot perform IP checks, dont let em in.

what a terrible day it is where we have to perform IP checks on our users.

let him in. Last time I checked, NHL94 leagues are supposed to be about fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously here; he is a decent player, he plays games. Can't ask for much else.

Oh... and if you have a new user and you're not sure if it's hokkee... just crease-cut him 10 times in a row and if the guy rants, it's hokkee.

what a terrible day it is where we have to perform IP checks on our users.

let him in. Last time I checked, NHL94 leagues are supposed to be about fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously here; he is a decent player, he plays games. Can't ask for much else.

Oh... and if you have a new user and you're not sure if it's hokkee... just crease-cut him 10 times in a row and if the guy rants, it's hokkee.

hokkee has taken the fun out of it.

hokkee has taken the fun out of it.

I've had some good games with him. I'd much rather have him in the league than someone who doesn't play games. I'd say let him back in, expect a rant every once in awhile, but make sure that he knows anything major could cost him his spot.

He served his suspension. Now he should be able to play again.

I was under the impression that the suspension had nothing to do with the GDL...it was classic league only.

I voted yes mostly because everyone here knows that he will play ALL of his games for sure. Last season, I think hokkee was the first one to finish all of his games.

And if we see a new "suspicious" player joining the league later in the season, if somebody really wanted to, they could check and find out if it's him.

I am going to go against the grain and say no.

You just cannot take any chances on hokkeefan making numerous names to either speed things up, or to pad his own stats.

I personally said Yes because I have played games with Hokkee before all this occurred and afterwards up until a few days ago and I have never had a problem with him.

If the vote follows this trend and he is allowed back in and he will be put on a very short leash. I know he will get his games played, but the antics and the multiple names must stop.

I was under the impression that the suspension had nothing to do with the GDL...it was classic league only.

I thought his suspension also prevented him from posting on the forums as well. Regardless, everyone is aware that he was under some sort of suspension. And his suspension was for much of the same rants that he posted here. He also knows that won't be tolerated going forward. So he can post whatever he chooses but if he wants to continue playing in any of these leagues, it will serve him best to think twice before hitting the ole Add Reply button.

And if we see a new "suspicious" player joining the league later in the season, if somebody really wanted to, they could check and find out if it's him.

good luck with that.

I didn't vote. But my personal opinion is, we have 6-7 teams waiting who are new blood and dying to play competitive league games whenever possible. With the popularity of the site growing, I'd hate to think someone who's cheated in the past and been verbally abusive would take a league roster spot ahead of us die hard newbies.

Just my opinion. I don't know the specifics of this hokee dude. Can only speak for the likes of myself, jrod, sdogg etc etc etc.

Respectfully,

Ice

Don't know the guy, but based on what I've read about his antics, I vote no. It may not really be my place to vote on this(having never been in the GDL), but these leagues are about having fun and competing, not worrying about someone padding their stats under different names.

Jrod

whether or not he finishes his season faster than anyone doesn't make him any less of a cheater. If anyone here has ever played a sport in their entire life, they know that when someone cheats, it decreases the fun factor by a f**king million percent. OH, so he plays all of his games really fast. BIG f**king DEAL. You put corky from life goes on in front of a PC and i guarantee you he could play all his games REALLY FAST too. So there goes that pressing issue.

Now don't get me wrong, I dont think he's a bad guy. But I think icestorm makes the most sense out of everyone on this entire thread. If hokkeefan had created another account, took over another team, and prevented me from playing in the spring 2006 league when i first came in, prevented me from having FUN (weekly vocabulary word, brahs) i'd be pretty pissed that i didnt get the opportunity to play in an organized league because some guy can't act like an adult and learn to have a little patience.

That said, I'm still gonna vote yes. I'm just pointing out that just because this league is supposed to be fun, doesn't mean cheating should be ignored just because suspending a guy makes it seems like 'we're taking it too seriously'. It's inconsiderate of us to not take into account the new players who are happy to have found a community such as this to be deprived of taking an active part in it to make it even more enjoyable. It's not their fault that some of us can't grow up and play by the rules which aren't in the least bit hard to follow.

thegr ...you and i dont like each other and i see your reason and u wont let up until im banned for life but this is a great opportunity for you cause if i screw up i will be banned for life.like cmon man people usually get a chance to redeem themselves.theres not a chance in hell i will screw this up again due to the fact i love nhl94 so much.Old ranting hokkeefan is dead and there will be NO more multiple identities.I have come to the goodside and i am staying put!......Thanks to the guys who gave me the votes of confidence and for you others ....get used of me being around again for a long time.

i say helll no on him coming back. I never had a problem with "hokkeefan," although "Stan" and "frekezoid" both spazed out due to losing to me and got kicked out of the now extinct 2007 league. The guy is a cancer, and doesn't deserve back in the league. There are pleanty of new more than qualified people who would love a chance to get in this league, and we shouldnt let this waste take up a spot in one of the top leagues

thegr ...you and i dont like each other and i see your reason and u wont let up until im banned for life but this is a great opportunity for you cause if i screw up i will be banned for life.like cmon man people usually get a chance to redeem themselves.theres not a chance in hell i will screw this up again due to the fact i love nhl94 so much.Old ranting hokkeefan is dead and there will be NO more multiple identities.I have come to the goodside and i am staying put!......Thanks to the guys who gave me the votes of confidence and for you others ....get used of me being around again for a long time.

Hey Hokkee,

You and I have never had a problem and we have played games against each other the whole time this has gone on. I personally don't know how many other names you IM'ed me as for games, whatever, it's not like you kicked my dog or anything.

Your words are all fine and good, and the rest of us are hoping that you are going to stay true to them, and not revert back to the rants and the making other aliases.

Right now we have about 16-18 guys and maybe more coming back from last years season out of 24. I think that is outstanding, especially after all the layoffs and time that has gone by. On top of that, we have guys like BHF, SSiG, and Jamonica who have played in the league before coming back, and we have 5-6 new guys who are dying to play in this league, who will make an excellent addition to this league. We as a whole just want to make sure that this group and this league stays strong and its not tarnished by one rogue.

Unfortunately, you will be on a very short leash. If you are suspected of anything you're gone. Don't let it get to that.

I'm not going to sabotage this league, and disrespect those who play in it. I'm going to try to keep things running smooth, and run the way the members of the league want it run (which is why there is a poll for everything). If there is a problem Hokkee with people not playing their games, talk to me. If you have any concerns, talk to me. If there are any problems in the league that you feel need to be addressed, talk to me.

So I'm saying to you Hokkee, I believe you will do the right thing, DON'T SCREW ME OVER, AND DON'T SCREW THE REST OF THE LEAGUE OVER! :angry:

Welcome back to the league, hopefully the stay will be a long one. :)

Old ranting hokkeefan is dead and there will be NO more multiple identities.

Does this mean you're willing to admit and get rid of the current aliases you have now in all leagues...both snes and gens? the ones you've created even after thegr8199, addisonbr and evan had politely asked you to not make but you did anyways?

I have no more aliases !!!!!!!! I am only HOKKEEFAN now and I am in no leagues and only use HOKKEEFAN from now on.There isnt anything more to discuss on this matter.Everything previous to Evan lifting my ban is known and finished ....period!

so i came back from practice today and this is hokkees reaction to my post from earlier today

Hokkeefan2: you really need to relax though man this is a video game

Gotta win the award for most ironic statement of the year