NHL'94 Forums

Returners from GDL Season 2

DaDonch44

The following list is owners that were in the GDL last season, and need to say whether they are returning for Season 3.

wags13 - Edmonton Oilers (Confirmed NOT Returning)

ranatoro - Hartford Whalers

itsmemikehey - Ottawa Senators

So if you see any of these guys on the forums or on AIM, please tell them to come on and post an answer.

I will be sending out a PM to them as well to try to get their attention.

**I'll set the Deadline for these guys to respond at October 22nd at 12:00 AM (Midnight) EST**

After this time, if they have not responded, their team will be vacated, and given to the next member who requested that team. If they show up after this time, they can be added to the END of the Waiting List.

I know I started this thread yesterday, but its growing important that these guys respond ASAP. We have 24 people signed up so far (15 returners from last season, 3 who have played in the league before, and 6 new guys)

From the list above there are still 7 who have not come on to say one way or another.

If they all come back thats 31 people. Since we are only using 24 teams, there will probably end up being a waiting list of 5 or 6.

The order to get a team is this:

-Returning from last season

-Previously in the GDL (but not this past season)

-New Blood

The quicker we get a response the quicker I can get the ROM set up and with Dmitry's help get the website set up, schedules made, etc.

So I'll reiterate if you see these guys online or on the forum please get them to respond. I have PM'ed all of them last night and I will keep on them.

Thanks for the help everyone. :mellow:

I know I started this thread yesterday, but its growing important that these guys respond ASAP. We have 24 people signed up so far (15 returners from last season, 3 who have played in the league before, and 6 new guys)

From the list above there are still 7 who have not come on to say one way or another.

If they all come back thats 31 people. Since we are only using 24 teams, there will probably end up being a waiting list of 5 or 6.

The order to get a team is this:

-Returning from last season

-Previously in the GDL (but not this past season)

-New Blood

The quicker we get a response the quicker I can get the ROM set up and with Dmitry's help get the website set up, schedules made, etc.

So I'll reiterate if you see these guys online or on the forum please get them to respond. I have PM'ed all of them last night and I will keep on them.

Thanks for the help everyone. B)

Am I in as of now? Sdogg

Am I in as of now? Sdogg

as of right this second you would be 23 of 24, so if two more of the guys on the list above come back then you would be moved to the waiting list. But don't worry man every season so far there has been a need for about 3 to 4 replacements. So even if you dont get in right away there is a good chance you would get in at some point this season. If you do take over a team in the middle of the season you would then be considered returning for Season 4 and definitely get in then... so don't lose hope. B)

So these are the remaining to get back, here are the EA predictions with % likelihood they will return:

edisaurusrex (50%) - gotta be honest, this guy is the only real coin flip I have

takeyourpill666 (75%) - he's still stuck lagging in Game 4 of our playoff series but anyday now I'm sure he'll figure it out

kgman (40%) - after "retiring" from this game due to how overly upset he was with the lengthy GDL playoffs (yes, the same playoffs he's holding up now), he gave away all his possessions to live a minimalistic life and write sonnets about the tyranny of Canada... but word around Toronto is KG has a scratch he needs to itch, just depends if he has money to buy a computer and pad as he now looks to re-join society.

HABS (99.9%) - my 2on2 partner... you can't keep a good Habs down

ranatoro (30%) - most likely too occupied trying to master the cross crease of life

itsmemikehey (5%) - I think he blocked every person in this league except for his buddy Dmitri... I've also heard through the grapevine that the majority of his time over the past 6 months has been spent coming up with a new screen name... unfortunately he is still hard at work with this process

wags13 (20%) - he might make it in time for signups... depends how much time he gets reduced off his sentence for good behavior... you could have caught Wags on Dateline NBC: To Catch a Predator 1... and 3. Oh that Wags, doin a little double dippin. Amazingly enough, Chris Hansen and Wags plan to go grab beers once he gets out.

Am I in bro or waiting list?

Thanks for all the hardwork. I'm a bourne again, but it's starting to run through my blood just the same.

You can count on me to have 95% of my games in by week 2 B)

And at the same time, shuffle through divorce papers due to my infidelity (see my homepage, aka, this freakin game!)

Wags has informed me this morning that he will not be returning for Season 3.

I sent an email/PM to Ranatoro, and takeyourpill666 last night.

HABS I'm pretty sure will be coming back but has been MIA the last couple of days.

If anyone has a way to get hold of Ranatoro, takeyourpill666, or itsmemikehey, please try to get ahold of them. :angry:

Some of you have told me, that there is a good chance that Mike will not be coming back, and he never even finished his playoff series with AngryJay. Ranatoro, I have no idea on. I checked their profiles and neither have even signed on since the end of May. (Around the end of the regular season, as scary as that sounds). I've sent 2 PMs to each, I've sent an email to Ranatoro.

Right now, I am going under the assumption that they will not be coming back. I am going to still hold to the deadline in case they do decide to respond.

However, if they do not, awesomerino and IceStorm70 will be the last 2 entries into the league.

The rest of the signups will be bumped down to the Waiting List.

I have told awesomerino and IceStorm70 to give me choices for their teams. (As of right now awesomerino has selected the Edmonton Oilers, IceStorm70 has selected the Toronto Maple Leafs)

I am going to use this time to start setting up the teams on the GDL 3 ROM, the team logos, ice logos, uniforms etc. I will start another thread right now in case you want to switch teams with anyone.

Thanks for your patience!