NHL'94 Forums

Should duplicate players be allowed...

DaDonch44

Duplicate Players  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be allowed?

• Yes
    • No

Since EASports was lazy in the creation of NHL 94, there are certain players who were placed on rosters in the game twice (i.e. Florida, Anaheim)

So should owners be given the opportunity to select the same player if they are available?

Like AngryJay93 did last season by having a Terry Yake at Left Wing and a Terry Yake at Right Wing.

EA has it right, no matter what goes on in the season, i atleast have some happiness in knowing that no matter what happens, i have my two terry yakes by my side to rack up the points that no one expects them to get. I want my Terry Yake and look out for the new yake-whoever-yake line...no longer will yake to yake action be only for shorthanded plays if the draft dictates i must go that route. Just none of you clowns go on picking him now because he racked up a 145 points, hes mine dammit!!!

I mean my god, look at my favorite freaking way to score. B)

I think if duplicates are allowed we should also allow All-star players to be selected. Since everybody hates the idea of one team getting the Roenick from the Blackhawks, then...why not the Roenick from the All-star team? Double trouble.

I think if duplicates are allowed we should also allow All-star players to be selected. Since everybody hates the idea of one team getting the Roenick from the Blackhawks, then...why not the Roenick from the All-star team? Double trouble.

Thats in interesting perspective. The only reason most people don't care is cause the duplicates in the game aren't anything special. But if there were 2 Roenicks...

Previously I did not vote. I've now voted "NO" to dups.

Just to be clear, this rule would only mean that the same owner can't have both of the same guy? In other words, there would still be two Yakes, but they would have to play on separate teams, right?

The original intent of this league was to keep the game as close to the original as possible with the exception being the drafted rosters. Having two of the same guy in the league, albeit not on the same team, was one of the quirks of the original game, which is why I felt that both should be included.

All-stars will not be included, sorry.

Yes - 2

No - 2

I did not mean All-Star Teams.

I meant more along the lines of players like Terry Yake, Joe Cirella, John Vanbiesbrouck, Paul Ranheim. They show up on two rosters of the regular teams.

Since this is a draft league, not allowing duplicates means that there would be only one Terry Yake available, one Vanbiesbrouck available, etc.

Thats in interesting perspective. The only reason most people don't care is cause the duplicates in the game aren't anything special. But if there were 2 Roenicks...

Previously I did not vote. I've now voted "NO" to dups.

If it were All-Star teams included as duplicates, then I would change my vote to NO as well. But I really don't think that was the intention of this poll.

I'm going to vote no, just because it's pretty unrealistic to have doubles of a player in the league even if it's not really a big deal to me either way. Now if there were two Roenick's, that'd be a different story.

LET AJ HAVE HIS YAKES!!!!

Come on guys does it really matter it's not like duplicates are like Roenicks, or Belfours or Lemieuxs. Just let angryjay have his Yake to Yake combination, just like you can let me have Bure :D

I'm going to vote no, just because it's pretty unrealistic to have doubles of a player in the league even if it's not really a big deal to me either way. Now if there were two Roenick's, that'd be a different story.

This was my feeling as well.