NHL'94 Forums

GDL2 Championship Series Complete

IAmFleury'sHipCheck

Ericanthony76 and KG faced off tonight in a grueling matchup for the championship. I'm not really all that good at writing these recaps so I'll try to keep it brief.

Game 1: NJ @ Chi -- Chi wins 7-4

Game 2: NJ @ Chi -- Chi wins 3-2 (OT)

Game 3: Chi @ NJ -- Chi wins 10-4

Game 4: Chi @ NJ -- NJ wins 6-2

Game 5: NJ @ Chi -- Chi wins 5-2

So there you have it folks, the Chicago Roenicks... err the Blackhawks take the series in 5. There was a sigh of relief to get past such a formidable opponent as KG. I'm sure anyone who has played against KG would agree whole heartedly with that statement. He's one of the toughest and most consistent coaches that I have ever played.

I also can't say enough how happy I am that we put some closure to GDL2 as well.

I want to take a chance to thank all the class act coaches that were involved in GDL Season 2 and especially Dmitri who put this all together. This league represents some of the most dedicated coaches who play NHL94 today.

We've experienced some ups and downs but the best part is everyone involved wants this to work. Anyone that reads through the threads on this portion of the forums can see that immediately. The best part is things will only continue to get better as we progress through each season.

We're building up some great momentum for GDL3. Good luck to the returning GDL coaches and to the new guys who get to join this season, you're about to become part of something that truly is exceptional.

Thanks again D and thanks to The DONche for keeping this league going. Looking forward to seeing you all next season.

Congrats on the hard fought victory EA!

The long wait *cough* agony *cough* is finally over, but Season 2 was very successful one.

I'm sure we can make Season 3 just as successful. B)

Again, great job.

KG, it just goes to show how great of a player you are to take a team that wasn't yours to begin with and make it all the way to the finals. You played outstanding all season. Nice work! ;)

nah it's too late now, logan, i'm already offended. If I had any dignity i'd throw my pc out of my window in disgust. But I can manage to restrain myself just this once.

oh, right. good job EA. And good job, Jeremy Roenick. Even though you want us to kiss your ass, we still congratulate you for a job well done.

And good job, Jeremy Roenick. Even though you want us to kiss your ass, we still congratulate you for a job well done.
Thanks... I think.
Did I miss something?
QUOTE(skoolyardpuck @ Oct 17 2007, 04:26 AM)

Even though you want us to kiss your ass...

Your guess is as good as mine.

He HAS to be talking about when JR said that hockey fans pissed off about the lockout can kiss his ass. I'm not even as big a "real" hockey fan as all of you but I still remember that like it was yesterday. I was like, WTF?

I'm 97% confident he was talking about JR, not EA.

He HAS to be talking about when JR said that hockey fans pissed off about the lockout can kiss his ass. I'm not even as big a "real" hockey fan as all of you but I still remember that like it was yesterday. I was like, WTF?

I'm 97% confident he was talking about JR, not EA.

god. THANK YOU.