NHL'94 Forums

GDL 3 Team Swap

DaDonch44

Please use this thread to swap teams with others or change the current team you have now.

Remember we are only using teams from 1994 - 2008.

Here is a list of teams as of right now:

1. ANA DaDonch44

2. BOS Hokkeefan

3. (BUF) Awesomerino

4. CGY Jamonica

5. CHI Backhandfloater

6. COL TakeYourPill666

7. DAL smozoma

8. DET EricAnthony76

9. LA KingsCupRun93

10. MIN scribe99

11. MTL HABS

12. NJ SSiG

13. NYI angryjay93

14. NYR Vocally Caged

15. (OTA) skoolyardpuck

16. PHI newjerseykiller

17. PIT Matt Hurray

18. QUE TessLog

19. SJ edisaurusrex

20. STL Carse

21. TB thegr8199kings

22. (TOR) IceStorm70

23. VAN dmac

24. WPG kgman

Teams that are still available are:

Atlanta Thrashers, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Edmonton Oilers, Hartford Whalers, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, Phoenix Coyotes, Washington Capitals

Teams that are still available are:

Atlanta Thrashers, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, New York Islanders, Phoenix Coyotes, Washington Capitals

This might not be the right place to do it but as long as we're talking about doing it fair during the lottery picks, I think we also need to consider division alignment.

As of right now, you would have BHF, Carse, KGman and myself plus a couple more from the NW and Pacific in one division. So I really think there needs to be consideration to realign these divisions.

This might not be the right place to do it but as long as we're talking about doing it fair during the lottery picks, I think we also need to consider division alignment.

As of right now, you would have BHF, Carse, KGman and myself plus a couple more from the NW and Pacific in one division. So I really think there needs to be consideration to realign these divisions.

Good Call EA, I'll take the list of teams that we are probably going to be using and play around with some alignments to split you guys up :D I'll also take into account where guys finished last season to try to even things out.

Donch, I've thought about it, and I'd like to switch from the Whale over to the mighty Oil. Es possible?

Damn, I almost want to swith to the Whale now so everyone gets a taste of that annoying tune they play when they score - Brass Bonanza! Aw hell, I lvoe the tune. Went to a couple Whalers games at the Mall in HFD back in the 80's!

Damn, I almost want to swith to the Whale now so everyone gets a taste of that annoying tune they play when they score - Brass Bonanza! Aw hell, I lvoe the tune. Went to a couple Whalers games at the Mall in HFD back in the 80's!

You glorious bastard.

OK, try and follow me here because you knew I couldn't stop myself from doing this...

RON BARR CONFERENCE (12) MARC LESSER CONFERENCE (12)

WEST (6) CENTRAL (6) NORTH (6) EAST (6)

Detroit (EA) Winnipeg (KG) Montreal (HABS) New York (VOC)

St. Louis (CRSE) Colorado (TP666) Buffalo (AJ93) Tampa Bay (GR8199) TOP 8 FROM LAST YEAR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.A. (KGCPRN93) Vancouver (DMC) Minnesota (SRC99) Ottawa (SKLYRD)

Chicago (BHF) Anaheim (DDNCH44) Boston (HKEFN) Quebec (TSSLOG) MID 8 FROM LAST YEAR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas (SMOZM) Calgary (JAM) Pittsburgh (MTHRRY) Philadelphia (NJKLLR)

San Jose (EDSRX) Edmonton (AWSMRNO) Toronto (ICSTRM70) New Jersey (SSIG) BOT 8 FROM LAST YEAR AND NEW

OK, try and follow me here because you knew I couldn't stop myself from doing this...

WEST (6) CENTRAL (6) NORTH (6) EAST (6)

Detroit (EA) Winnipeg (KG) Montreal (HABS) New York (VOC)

St. Louis (CRSE) Colorado (TP666) Buffalo (AJ93) Tampa Bay (GR8199) TOP 8 FROM LAST YEAR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.A. (KGCPRN93) Vancouver (DMC) Minnesota (SRC99) Ottawa (SKLYRD)

Chicago (BHF) Anaheim (DDNCH44) Boston (HKEFN) Quebec (TSSLOG) MID 8 FROM LAST YEAR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas (SMOZM) Calgary (JAM) Pittsburgh (MTHRRY) Philadelphia (NJKLLR)

San Jose (EDSRX) Edmonton (AWSMRNO) Toronto (ICSTRM70) New Jersey (SSIG) BOT 8 FROM LAST YEAR AND NEW

Darn, that came out horrible without margins...

RON BARR CONFERENCE

WESTERN DIVISION

Anaheim (DaDonch)

Calgary (Jamonica)

Colorado (TakeYourPill666)

Edmonton (Awesomerino)

Vancouver (Dmac)

Winnipeg (KGMan)

CENTRAL DIVISION

Chicago (Backhandfloater)

Dallas (Smozoma)

Detroit (EricAnthony)

Los Angeles (KingsCupRun93)

San Jose (Ediesaurusrex)

St. Louis (Carse)

MARC LESSER CONFERENCE

NORTHERN DIVISION

Boston (Hokkeefan2)

Buffalo (AngryJay93)

Minnesota (Scribe99)

Montreal (HABS)

Pittsburgh (Matt Hurray)

Toronto* (IceStorm70)

EASTERN DIVISION

New Jersey* (SSiG)

New York Rangers (Vocally Caged)

Ottawa (Skoolyardpuck)

Philadelphia (NewJerseyKillers)

Quebec (TessLog)

Tampa Bay (Gr8199Kings)

* = flip-flop?

(Each division has 2 top-8 teams, 2 mid-8 teams and 2 lower-8 teams)

Now that is an awesome idea!!!

I also liked the methodology of how you placed 2 of each category based on results into each division.

Now that is an awesome idea!!!

I also liked the methodology of how you placed 2 of each category based on results into each division.

Well that's good, maybe one good thing came out of my posting. In no way, shape or form did I mean to undermine your efforts, DaDonch, so I really hope you aren't ticked at me for throwing that out there. If anything, maybe it saves you some time to do other league housework things or, maybe gives you a framework from which to work.

I'm sure everyone has their own ideas and preferences about who should be where and what's fair, etc. Just like almost everything in life, nobody is really ever going to be fully satisfied. But maybe with attempting to balance out the divisions (2 top, 2 mid, 2 lower) while having some semblance of this looking like a bona fide league (with real rivalries, geography), it can be a foundation from which to work?

We can sit here and deliberate all day about who should be in what division and what seems fair- the common goal here is an equal playing field within the parameters of having a draft. So, just like in any real league, no matter the divisional alignment, it all boils down to playing the games. Winning games and getting points wins divisions and championships, not which division someone is in.

Anyhow, at least I felt that the model above seemed fairly reasonable and a good place to start from? Ok, now everyone can rip it up (this means you Carse)!

The Central Division would have the 1st (EA) , 4th (Carse) and 7th (KingsCup) overall top regular season teams (out of 24 teams) from last season and BHF now added to the mix. This would makes things interesting for sure.

Well that's good, maybe one good thing came out of my posting. In no way, shape or form did I mean to undermine your efforts, DaDonch, so I really hope you aren't ticked at me for throwing that out there. If anything, maybe it saves you some time to do other league housework things or, maybe gives you a framework from which to work.

I'm sure everyone has their own ideas and preferences about who should be where and what's fair, etc. Just like almost everything in life, nobody is really ever going to be fully satisfied. But maybe with attempting to balance out the divisions (2 top, 2 mid, 2 lower) while having some semblance of this looking like a bona fide league (with real rivalries, geography), it can be a foundation from which to work?

We can sit here and deliberate all day about who should be in what division and what seems fair- the common goal here is an equal playing field within the parameters of having a draft. So, just like in any real league, no matter the divisional alignment, it all boils down to playing the games. Winning games and getting points wins divisions and championships, not which division someone is in.

Anyhow, at least I felt that the model above seemed fairly reasonable and a good place to start from? Ok, now everyone can rip it up (this means you Carse)!

Hey man,

What do you think you're doing!?! :)

j/k :)

It works for me, and it definitely saves me some time.

I think we also have to remember how last year was last year, in terms of rosters. You will have a different draft order for this upcoming season, which might (or might not) mean that last year's "stronger" teams won't have the same personnel this season. The balance of power within rosters could shift and change...

Why dont we just throw the conferences out the window and the top 8 (or whatever # we decide) make the playoffs? Everyone plays everyone 3 times.

I know we talked about this a bit in season 1, but I'm not sure how things panned out in season 2.

I think we also have to remember how last year was last year, in terms of rosters. You will have a different draft order for this upcoming season, which might (or might not) mean that last year's "stronger" teams won't have the same personnel this season. The balance of power within rosters could shift and change...

Are you trying to imply that I won't be getting JR again???

Ahh, the truth most definitely hurts.

As long as BHF doesn't get JR. In that case we need to create a third division for him, by himself. Top team in it makes playoffs.

Also, i'm completely agaisnt doing away with conferences. I find it much more fun to have them so that we have conference and division races going on.

Hey guys, I created a Division/Conference Alignment thread so the topic can be discussed there. That way this one can be left for people want to switch or trade their team with someone else.

Thanks!

:)

Just so I can move forward confidently with the ROM and not have to worry about last minute changes,

If you are considering changing teams to an open one, or possibly trading with someone else could you please try to accomplish it ASAP.

I'm have the team order lined up, have the uniforms set, scoreboard banners done, and now I'm going to be working on the ice logos, the team select logos tonight and the rest of the weekend.

So its not a big deal if you want to switch, but please do so in a timely fashion. If I don't hear anything by the time the deadline passes on Sunday night at midnight, then forever hold your peace. :)

Thanks!

does anyone think jr should be left out?

That is so ridiculous to even say something like that. Don't worry Hokkee, I know I abused you with JR last season but even without JR this season, I'm still going to treat you like a red headed stepchild.

After thinking about this for a bit, and taking into account the amount necessary work it would take to make alterations later. I hope everyone is happy with their team right now, b/c I think I am just going to lock the teams up and keep them as is right now. I would like to only have to do this work once :)

...and now by the power vested in me by the state of Confusion...I now pronounce each player and their team, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride :P