NHL'94 Forums

Gens D - Panic ensues as 7 Kings die of atrophy

awesomerino

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 17) -- WWI. WWII. Korea. Vietnam. Iraq I & II. These are the images that come to mind when surveying the LA Kings' locker room, where the body count is rising with no end in sight. After starting the season by playing an astounding 19 games in two weeks, the Kings find themselves succumbing to muscular atrophy, not to mention full-blown dimentia, following a period of inactivity that can only be described as 'ludicrous.'

"For the love of god, somebody help us. Please," begged shotgun-toting coach Awesomerino J. Awesometon, who locked himself in his office 5 days ago after his players - in an attempt to alleviate their overwhelming boredom and frustration - crucified, barbequed, and ate (now former) goaltender Kelly Hrudey. "Gretzky's been wearing the same adult diaper for 11 days, and now he's wearing Hrudey's head as a helmet. If I don't make it out of here alive, please tell my kids to avenge me when they're old enough."

Captain Wayne Gretzky, however, is optimistic that his team's inactivity will pull them closer together. "I AM THE ANGEL OF DEATH!" exclaimed Gretzky while gnawing on a drumstick that used to be Jimmy Carson's leg. Star winger Tomas Sandstrom echoed Gretzky's sentiments, adding, "the square root of 100 is alligator."

While it remains unclear when the Kings will finally wrap-up their season by playing their final game against Quebec, coach Awesometon is certain of one thing: "I am so scared right now."