NHL'94 Forums

Division/Conference Alignment

DaDonch44

How many games are we having?

Last year we did 56(4/2/2/2 (division matches)), I think.

I'd rather do 62(4/3/2/2) or even 68(4/4/2/2).

i was figuring on 56 again.

Like Dmitry said that if you change too many things, (i.e. penalty length, season length) then the records will be skewed.

For example, instead of Sandstrom having 250 goals this season with a 68 game schedule he will have 312. Then you have to figure out, oh was that season 2 when they played 56 or season 3 with 68.

i was figuring on 56 again.

Like Dmitry said that if you change too many things, (i.e. penalty length, season length) then the records will be skewed.

For example, instead of Sandstrom having 250 goals this season with a 68 game schedule he will have 312. Then you have to figure out, oh was that season 2 when they played 56 or season 3 with 68.

The NHL used to have fewer games in the early days.

Our league is still young. We should embrace change early on, before we have a long history that becomes more and more difficult to deviate from. We can always have an historical "goals per game" measure, anyway.

thats true too smoz....

It's up to you guys... if you feel we can handle a bigger schedule, then thats fine.

Everyone just has to stay committed all the way through.

So, what are the opinions out there, stay at 56, go up to 68, 82?

thats true too smoz....

It's up to you guys... if you feel we can handle a bigger schedule, then thats fine.

Personally, I could play a whole 82.

thats true too smoz....

Here are some options:

56 (4/2/2/2)

62 (4/3/2/2)

68 (4/4/2/2)

78 (6/4/2/2)

80 (4/4/3/3)

92 (4/4/4/4)

and kind of like baseball (was):

66 (6/6/0/0)

I like 68(4/4/2/2). Since making the playoffs is based on your performance relative everyone else in your conference, it seems right to play them all the same number of times.

It also makes it not matter how we distribute the teams among divisions. We only have to worry about keeping the conferences about even, which is much easier to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the alignment:

Ron Barr Conference

wboy Division

EricAnthony76

AngryJay93

KingsCupRun93

Logan

DaDonch44

SSiG

Dallongeville Division

HABS

Vocally Caged

Scribe99

newjerseykiller

edisaurusrex

awesomerino

---------------------------------------

Mark Lesser Conference

Dmitry Division

kgman

thegr8199kings

skoolyardpuck

hokkeefan

matthurray

jamonica

Evan Division

Carse

takeyourpill666

dmac

smozoma

Backhandfloater

IceStorm70

Cool division/conference names. Hopefully the league can stick with this format for a bit and build some history/tradition.

(DaDonch- is there any way you can make the standings page on the GDL site a little more, um, "professional?" Maybe have it look like your '94 Record Keeper or Evan's Classic League, in terms of graphics, organization, etc.

I know you are doing other league administration duties, just mentioning for the future.)

Hey Jamonica,

What do you mean like have division, conference, home/away, and vs. conference standings?

or just the overall look or both?

Divsion Standings Example

I did sent Dmitry the logos i used for the standings.

But he has the control over the standings part of it. The only part of the database i have access to is the draft.

DaDonch44 said:
Hey Jamonica,

What do you mean like have division, conference, home/away, and vs. conference standings?

or just the overall look or both?

Divsion Standings Example

I did sent Dmitry the logos i used for the standings.

But he has the control over the standings part of it. The only part of the database i have access to is the draft.

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

If you guys want to hire a professional designer for a better look, then go for it. I would be happy to apply some professional changes to upgrade my shoddy work.

Hey D,

I hope you didn't take offense to what we have been saying. By no means is your work shoddy. We wouldn't be where we are right now without the work you have put in.

i dont think anyone agrees with what jamonica said. I didn't find anything "shoddy" about the site at all, it was very well done. I'm sure it took a ton of effort to even get it to look like that. Please think before you speak. We're not the ones doing the work here so it goes for all of us when we say we're not in a position to criticize anything done here, whether it was intentional or not. Helpful suggestions are of course ok. But watch what you say and don't take dadonch or d's hard work for granted. Please.

i dont think anyone agrees with what jamonica said. I didn't find anything "shoddy" about the site at all, it was very well done. I'm sure it took a ton of effort to even get it to look like that. Please think before you speak. We're not the ones doing the work here so it goes for all of us when we say we're not in a position to criticize anything done here, whether it was intentional or not. Helpful suggestions are of course ok. But watch what you say and don't take dadonch or d's hard work for granted. Please.

I know I'm echoing what a lot of people feel, but I like the layout of the site Dmitry.

Jamonica doesn't speak for the owners who have been here for years now.

I've seen so many things to love about Dmitry's site, it's pretty ridiculous to criticize it like that. We have individual player records, user records, tons of team stats, random records, season-to-season tracking, etc. --- it's '94 heaven. Personally, I like the old school flair and realistically I don't care that much about fancy graphics or anything. It has better CONTENT than any league. The standings page doesn't need to be changed.

And I think people are getting too carried away here. I like the way DaDonch has set up polls and everything for the owners, but the attitude of entitlement seems to be getting worse. We don't need to alter and take a vote on every single minor detail about the league. Allow the people who offer their services to this league a little more freedom and respect. Some of the criticism of the new rom creases and player indicators, just rubbed me the wrong way. You have artists out their making a new hack just for this league, and people won't even give it a chance.

I've seen so many things to love about Dmitry's site, it's pretty ridiculous to criticize it like that. We have individual player records, user records, tons of team stats, random records, season-to-season tracking, etc. --- it's '94 heaven. Personally, I like the old school flair and realistically I don't care that much about fancy graphics or anything. It has better CONTENT than any league. The standings page doesn't need to be changed.

And I think people are getting too carried away here. I like the way DaDonch has set up polls and everything for the owners, but the attitude of entitlement seems to be getting worse. We don't need to alter and take a vote on every single minor detail about the league. Allow the people who offer their services to this league a little more freedom and respect. Some of the criticism of the new rom creases and player indicators, just rubbed me the wrong way. You have artists out their making a new hack just for this league, and people won't even give it a chance.

I agree with everything except for the comments about the creases and player indicators... simply said, I play this game b/c it's nhl'94. I only want to play nhl '94. I've stuck to this game since it hit the shelves b/c I think it's the best. In my opinion, those 2 things have an impact on the gameplay. Also, I say why fix it if it's not broken. But don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the creativity put into these hacks. But it was put to a vote and there was an overwhelming response that the original style is preferred. I don't think there should be any offense taken to that.

Quoted for emphasis. It's not really about how the game looks, it's about how the game PLAYS. We all sometimes forget this huge thing...

GRAPHICS DON'T MAKE THE GAME!!!

:)

my main priority has always been data over presentation. right now i think a decent recordbook needs to be added.

dadonch is redoing some of the logos, so i will be uploading them.

i don't mind criticism as it will help things improve, although shoddy isn't a very inspiring term. give the site time to grow.