NHL'94 Forums

Boarding Penalty...

SSiG

Boarding Penalty Name Change...  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What should the penalty for injuring someone (Boarding) be called?

• Boarding (Don't change the name)
    • Injuring
    • PWNAGE

PWNAGE!!!!!

It's only 1 minute penalties right?

EDIT: Even though it might end up as 2 minutes, wouldn't that seem wierd if the guy who got injured got PWNED!!, but then the guy who injured him still has to go to the box for a whole 2 minutes??

vote 1 minute

I haven't voted yet b/c I'm not getting it. What's PWNAGE? I thought it was a mistype at first... I was thinking it was OWNAGE which makes sense to me but someone explain to my simple brain what PWNAGE is.

I'm not quite sure what the EXACT meaning of it is, well, maybe I do, I don't know.

Anyways, I think it's the online version of saying "OWNED".

I haven't voted yet b/c I'm not getting it. What's PWNAGE? I thought it was a mistype at first... I was thinking it was OWNAGE which makes sense to me but someone explain to my simple brain what PWNAGE is.

I guess we are too old to understand EA, I never got it either. :)

In this case, PWNAGE would mean to lay a nasty hit on someone, injuring them :P

Example: SSiG is skating along, EA delivers a vicious hit. SSiG is out for many many weeks.

PWNED

Or...I could post this definition from Wikipedia in hopes that you get it :P

Pwn is a slang term that implies domination and/or humiliation of a rival. It sprang from the similar term "owned" and is used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent that has just been soundly defeated. Examples include "pwnage" or "you just got pwned". It can also be used, especially by non-gamers, in the context of getting "pwned" by The Man.

In Internet security jargon, to "pwn" means "to compromise" or "to control", specifically another computer (server or PC), web site, gateway device, or application; it is synonymous with one of the definitions of hacking. An outside party who has "owned" or "pwned" a system has obtained unauthorized administrative control of the system.

My vote is for 'injuring'

As a side note, I'm of the opinion that the 'p' in 'pwn' is silent. Pronounced 'own', yet spelled 'pwn.' It would be an hilarious penalty name, but.. i like 'injuring' :P

Come to think of it. I haven't seen a 'boarding' call. Are they called often? Never seen a hit to the boards that injured a player. It's always open ice steam rolls that cause it to happen.

In this case, PWNAGE would mean to lay a nasty hit on someone, injuring them :P

I wold vote for OWNAGE but I don't understand all this PWNAGE stuff. If it's pronounced OWNAGE but spelled with a P, that could be the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Although, SSiG is taking what's given to him and he gets big props for originality. It's still better than Boarding or Injuring.

Damn, I am getting old... All you kids with their crazy words and rock n roll *shakes cane at SSiG* ... *then proceeds to s**t in adult protective undergarments*

Good to see that my option is still winning :P

*checks Roenick into the boards, injuring him for all eternity*

PWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNED!!!!

I wold vote for OWNAGE but I don't understand all this PWNAGE stuff. If it's pronounced OWNAGE but spelled with a P, that could be the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Although, SSiG is taking what's given to him and he gets big props for originality. It's still better than Boarding or Injuring.

Damn, I am getting old... All you kids with their crazy words and rock n roll *shakes cane at SSiG* ... *then proceeds to s**t in adult protective undergarments*

P is right next to the letter O on the keyboard. It's a typo adopted as the correct spelling, in typical Internet irony fashion. If that makes any sense...

If you saw the South Park World of Warcraft episode, Cartman says "pwnt" at one point (pwnt = pwned = owned). He pronounces the P though...

P is right next to the letter O on the keyboard. It's a typo adopted as the correct spelling, in typical Internet irony fashion. If that makes any sense...

If you saw the South Park World of Warcraft episode, Cartman says "pwnt" at one point (pwnt = pwned = owned). He pronounces the P though...

I'm a mediocre fan of south park but I did manage to catch that episode....funniest episode I ever saw.