NHL'94 Forums

leading candidate for goal of the year

halifax

do it. bash me. you know you hate Sidney Crosby.

how could anyone hate crosby?..he does and says all the right things...the next ambassador of hockey.

I actually lucked out and saw this just as I changed the channel (Toew's goal). I jumped out of my chair. Stuff like this is what we live for while watching hockey.

Great move.

-Evan

how could anyone hate crosby?..he does and says all the right things...the next ambassador of hockey.

Ahem. *points to avatar*

Oh, and doing and saying all the right things isn't always the best. I mean, yes, I appreciate that in any hockey player, especially with all of the big-mouthed, arrogant, dumbass athletes you see every day on the news in every other sport, but I'd like the face of the NHL to be a Roenick-like player who isn't afraid to get goofy from time to time.

Ahem. *points to avatar*

Oh, and doing and saying all the right things isn't always the best. I mean, yes, I appreciate that in any hockey player, especially with all of the big-mouthed, arrogant, dumbass athletes you see every day on the news in every other sport, but I'd like the face of the NHL to be a Roenick-like player who isn't afraid to get goofy from time to time.

I remember the time I went to the Wachovia center last year.... and Crosby had his first hat track. I thought the Flyers fans were going to pelt me with rocks and pepper me with buckshot with my Penguins shirt on.

previous "faces" of the League

Gretzky - equally as stoic as Crosby

Lemieux - cool only because he does stuff like beat cancer

Jagr - um... not really the face of the league because people didn't watch hockey when Lemieux and Gretzky left. And Don Cherry says he's Lemieux's daughter.

Ahem. *points to avatar*

Ah yes, like when he told the fans to kiss his [hindquarters]

I won't be so quick to anoint Toews as the savior in Chi town as it's hockey purgatory right about now, but comeon that's one hell of a goal.

Mr. Hurray I for one appreciate Crosby's talents being a Keystoner and all, Steeagulls anyone?

And not all Philly fans are rabid savages who boo Santa, we're just overly spirited and want to get the message out about project battery earth-recycle-er-day.

I showed that clip to my friend, who absolutely hates hockey, and it left his mouth hanging open. That is saying something.

Seriously, do you guys expect me, a Flyers fan, to like a kid who happens to be on a division rival? Hell no! :)

I seriously had a man who said he wanted to urinate on me because I liked Sidney Crosby.

I enjoyed "hating" on Forsberg because he and Crosby had a nice fiesty rivalry. Maybe Briere can bring some moxie to the table?

I seriously had a man who said he wanted to urinate on me because I liked Sidney Crosby.

I enjoyed "hating" on Forsberg because he and Crosby had a nice fiesty rivalry. Maybe Briere can bring some moxie to the table?

I doubt it. Briere just doesn't seem like the kind of player that would pick a fight with Crosby.

But I'm hoping Mike Richards will. He's not as feisty as Hexy was, but he's willing to stick up for the team and throw a few punches for his teammates. Richards, like Hextall before him, is one of the best examples of what it's like to be a Flyer.

I don't like Crosby that much, even if he's Canadian.

I like Ovechkin because he's great, he hits, scores, dekes, and I've seen him in a fight before (although it wasn't very good :P)

On another note, I think the Flyers will do very good this year. They have a great core of guys who can actually SCORE! Unlike some team....... :)

I don't like Crosby that much, even if he's Canadian.

I like Ovechkin because he's great, he hits, scores, dekes, and I've seen him in a fight before (although it wasn't very good :P)

On another note, I think the Flyers will do very good this year. They have a great core of guys who can actually SCORE! Unlike some team....... :)

I LOVE Ovechkin because he hits people. I can't ever remember seeing Crosby hit anyone. That's why I also love watching Dion Phaneuf when I get the chance. He is, in Pierre McGuire's words, a MONSTER.

I LOVE Ovechkin because he hits people. I can't ever remember seeing Crosby hit anyone. That's why I also love watching Dion Phaneuf when I get the chance. He is, in Pierre McGuire's words, a MONSTER.

He doesn't do it often, but he does do it.

Crosby is graceful and amazing.

Ovechkinis like an unstoppable avalanche.

Give both their credit; the Crosby vs. Ovechkin argument is NULL!

Just wait until John Tavares plays in the NHL. We're seeing a great development of young superstars since the 80's of gretz, mess, mario and Yzerman.

• 2 months later...

Rick Nash scored a sick goal tonight. Hopefully someone will put it up on youtube but you can check it out on tsn.ca in their highlights section.

I didn't see kostitisyn's goal against atlanta but i did see the one against washington..that was nice...

here's nash's goal.

I didn't see kostitisyn's goal against atlanta but i did see the one against washington..that was nice...

here's nash's goal.

That was incredible... Anyone can beat a couple D when they're going full speed, but he practically stopped, and then made fools of them all.

Sickkk men but Kostityn's goal was even better Vs atlanta then Vs Washington hes a hell of a dangler

You can see it here:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?date=01%2F17%2F...mp;service=page

Click the "700K" link next to the MTL/ATL game. In the window that pops up, you can skip to the goal by clicking "play" to the left of Kostitsyn's name (2nd goal of the game).

It was a good goal, but not in the same league as the Nash goal, not even remotely.

Yeah I gotta say that Nash goal was sick. He made that last defender look foolish by just swinging his stick around hoping to knock the puck off Nash's stick.

Definetly the goal of the year so far. Nice one by Kostistyn too.

1 - Nash goal was awesome.

2 - Kotstitsyn goal was sweet.

3 - Kane goal in the shootout was also amazing if you haven't seen that check it out.

Been some great goals in the NHL recently. Fun stuff, I loved all those plays.

-Evan

the nash goal is one of the top 5 goals i have ever seen.....i been waatching hockey for 25 years

as for andrei's goal it was great but had more to do with speed then hands...excellent goal.........

one of my par time jobs is i work for the team990 montreal radio station ...i do a sports show on mondays 12 to 2 am called the ministry of sports

i actually got to talk to andre about the nash goal he said it was the best goal he has ever seen......

anyway if you guys have nothing to do tonight go to www.team990.com and listen to the simulcast

later guys

George

• 1 year later...