NHL'94 Forums

Dude, 8 OT's!

So today I was Philly hosting Les Habs at the ole Spectrum for a semifinal playoff game, five minute periods, penalties on except offsides, no line changes, manual goalie.

I was down 2-1 thanks to some horrible manual goaltending by me, 24 seconds to go in the third period, goalie pulled, Kevin Dineen out on the ice. Recchi skates up along the right wing boards, passes across to Lindros, who blows up the left and slides the puck into the slot for Dineen to one-time it past Roy glove side to tie it!

It's OT, I just tied it with the goalie pulled, and I'm psyched.

35 Sega minutes later, I'm still playing. It's the 8th, that's right, eighth OT, and we're still tied 2-2. It was just back and forth play for seven straight overtimes with many close calls, including one part where I took Lindros behind the net in the fifth OT and tried to flip pass it, went over the net, out the other side, then just bounced off Roy's shoulder and wide.

About 2 minutes left in the game, Gary Galley takes a penalty, face off in my zone to the left of Soderstrom. Habs win it, but I gain control and clear the zone. One Canadiens player tries to corral the puck in front of the benches, but Lindros lays him out and takes the puck up into the zone on a breakaway! I swoop in from the left and into the slot and fire a rocket slap shot FIVE HOLE for the goal!

Game over, Flyers win 3-2 in the 8th overtime, my longest game ever!! On to Pittsburgh for the Prince of Wales trophy!

So what was your longest game ever, and how did it end?

I once had a game which had 5 OT periods. It was the first round of the playoffs, and I was playing Edmonton in the Pacific Coliseum.

The game had been fairly close, but during all those OT periods, I was trying to be too pretty.

So the 5th OT was in it's last minute of play when Edmonton was in my zone, I forgot who, but the forward passed it back to the defenseman for the one-timer and while that happened my defender by the name of Doug Lidster ran into McLean which pushed him out of the way, and Edmonton won it...

I just finished a 6 OT thriller using the AHL 2003 ROM.

Hartford (me) 4, Bridgeport 3

Nils Ekman with the game winner to send the Wolfpack into the next round of the playoffs. I was trying to improve my play with low-rated players in preperation for the GDL Season 3.