NHL'94 Forums

Forum UPGRADE to v.2.3.3

Evan

Hey everyone,

The forum has just been upgraded to the latest version so let me know if anything strange happens to anyone.

Thanks!

-Evan

EDIT

*** Already had a major problem viewing topics. Did a work-around for the time being until I get the proper solution. Gotta love these apps.

*** Seems there's also problems with the my controls and members pages as well. I'll try to get this stuff sorted out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Refresh the forum, it seems all is ok now. I had to remove some code that isn't used anymore. But let me know if anything else is still broken.

-Evan

I administrate an Invision board myself. Upgraded from 2.3.1 on Saturday. It never ceases to amaze me how much they break in the name of fixing things. :D

I'm sure you already found it, but there is already a patch for the "new posts" indicators not working properly issue. :)

it looks like we're missing the goal-light "new messages have been posted in this thread since you last visited" icon..

Still not seeing these icons except for a few threads (this one is the only one, i think!) :D

I administrate an Invision board myself. Upgraded from 2.3.1 on Saturday. It never ceases to amaze me how much they break in the name of fixing things. :(

I'm sure you already found it, but there is already a patch for the "new posts" indicators not working properly issue. :)

Yes.. just applied this patch now. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to re-install the forum clean as I think all the upgrades have become a bit of a mess. Shouldn't affect anything, and I'll check out the process to do this without any loss of data.

-Evan

Apologize if this was covered already but what happened to all the info below the avatars? Seemed like there used to be a lot more like # of posts, home city, etc.

Yea, I had to remove some stuff because otherwise the posts wouldn't even show up without a 'fatal error' hehe. Anyway, what must be done soon is I'll have to install a fresh copy of the forum instead of all these upgrades. I will make sure the process doesn't lose any data, and that this is done at a better than worse time (probably almost impossible but we'll try).

-Evan

• 1 month later...

Guys... I know the forum looks weird but the code is working again. I'm going to get it back the way it was soon.

I'm just happy the code is proper.

-Evan

EDIT: Got it pretty much back the way it was. VIVA LA NHL94!