NHL'94 Forums

Varying skill of Replacement players (GENS C)

Sebe_The_Legend

I have some concerns about the "waiting list" system. I am MTL"sebe" from (GENS C), for all those who don't know me. I had an exciting game with PHI last night, great player. At first i didnt notice that he was a substitute for the "old" PHI. After we had played our game i learnt that he was new to the league, and that he had been called up from the waiting list. Its great that hes able to play dont get me wrong, however the only issue that I have, is that he is a much stronger player than the "old" PHI was. Most teams were able to roll over the "old" PHI and i must work alot harder to earn points against this great new player. I dont believe that this system brings a fair result to the league, and I feel cheated. I hope that there can be an inquiry into the system, and i hope that everyone can leave there input and possible suggestions to fix this issue.

I'm not trying to be complainsive, i really love this site, and all the ppl and players. I also have nothing against the "new" PHI coach. I just think everyone should play all their games, against the same teams.

I have some concerns about the "waiting list" system. I am MTL"sebe" from (GENS C), for all those who don't know me. I had an exciting game with PHI last night, great player. At first i didnt notice that he was a substitute for the "old" PHI. After we had played our game i learnt that he was new to the league, and that he had been called up from the waiting list. Its great that hes able to play dont get me wrong, however the only issue that I have, is that he is a much stronger player than the "old" PHI was. Most teams were able to roll over the "old" PHI and i must work alot harder to earn points against this great new player. I dont believe that this system brings a fair result to the league, and I feel cheated. I hope that there can be an inquiry into the system, and i hope that everyone can leave there input and possible suggestions to fix this issue.

I'm not trying to be complainsive, i really love this site, and all the ppl and players. I also have nothing against the "new" PHI coach. I just think everyone should play all their games, against the same teams.

If a replacement was needed in the A league..then perhaps this coach would've been put there. But the GENS A league does not need a replacement. Thus the GENS C league was the next choice for a 40 game league.

Replacements coaches can work for or against you....unfortuantely that's part of the process of replacement players.

I hear your frustration. But in practice it's going to be really hard to ensure that replacement coaches are the same quality as the original coaches. I'd actually expect the replacement coaches to be somewhat stronger, as the weaker coaches are more likely to fail to live up to their commitments to the league and get replaced. (I suppose this is an argument for getting your games in with as many coaches as possible early in the season.)

For now we've chosen a system which puts an emphasis on as many people playing as much hockey as possible. In the future, when the leagues gain enough stability and robustness that at least a couple of top GENS and SNES leagues are expected to go full seasons with no coaching turnover - that'll be great. And maybe we'll reconsider the coach replacement rules for those leagues. But for now we're really trying to build the community of players.

I know it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

If a replacement was needed in the A league..then perhaps this coach would've been put there. But the GENS A league does not need a replacement. Thus the GENS C league was the next choice for a 40 game league.

Replacements coaches can work for or against you....unfortuantely that's part of the process of replacement players.

Hali is right. Good or bad, thats just how it is. I see where you're coming from but looking at your stellar record it looks as if you've already clinched a playoff spot. Look on the brightside, a tough game is more fun then a "roll over."

Same thing is happening in Gens B. Arguably the top player in the community, Kgman was just dropped into the B league. Would I have rather played a weaker opponent? No way! Win or lose, I want a good game!

It can indeed be frustrating when you have a lesser coach in the league, then he gets replaced by someone who seemingly lights the league on fire with great play. I agree with addisonbr in this case that it is imperative to play all the games quickly before any potential replacements are found and your chances of winning go down the tubes.

Then again, what am I talking about? I haven't had a good run of wins since the first Clinton presidency :P. In fact, I still lose to the CPU about 30% of the time. Maybe I gotta brush up on that manual goalie big time :)

Personally, I don't have an issue with it. The skill level of an new coach is a crap shoot either way. I believe that gens C is full of new coaches, original and replacements. In a perfect world, everyone would (or could) play out the entire season. Besides, what's wrong with a replacement who's able to be competitive? Whether he's awesome or so-so, I'm happy if he's playing his games.

Just my 2 cents :)

Jrod

Personally, I don't have an issue with it. The skill level of an new coach is a crap shoot either way. I believe that gens C is full of new coaches, original and replacements. In a perfect world, everyone would (or could) play out the entire season. Besides, what's wrong with a replacement who's able to be competitive? Whether he's awesome or so-so, I'm happy if he's playing his games.

Just my 2 cents :)

Jrod

Amen brotha!

"Besides, what's wrong with a replacement who's able to be competitive?"

I thought u had my back J-rod lol, jk... :) ...Nothing if everyone plays him. Not just selective coaches who just lucked out...

Great input guys!

I thought u had my back J-rod lol, jk... :) ...Nothing if everyone plays him. Not just selective coaches who just lucked out...

Great input guys!

C'mon, Sebes

Of course I do!

I know you weren't complainin', point was valid, just being (new jersey) devils' advocate!

[/quo

Your fortunate to have a team. This could possibly inspire the higher powers to create a LPGA type div, headed by Sebe the ............

Your fortunate to have a team. This could possibly inspire the higher powers to create a LPGA type div, headed by Sebe the ............

LPGA?? lol, theres not need to be a dic*, if your bitter about not having a team, u should have signed up on time.

You dont have anything productive to say, so dont say anything, and save your crying for when u get your as* kicked, by all the "skilled" players....as soon as u start playing that is haha.

U talk alot of smack...whatever your name is...i guess it doesnt matter, cause your not a coach....

and its Sebe_the_legend, get used to typing it. :)