NHL'94 Forums

70s,80s,90s,00s roms

slapshot67

Hey guys and girls,

I have been working on a rom for every year starting at 1972, im up to 1983, but i need a little help, there is a goalie crease change in 1987, i tried to do it but it was to hard. Send me a message if you want to help me out. Here are some screens from a couple of years.

Slapshot67

post-292-1193776497_thumb.jpg

Hey guys and girls,

I have been working on a rom for every year starting at 1972, im up to 1983, but i need a little help, there is a goalie crease change in 1987, i tried to do it but it was to hard. Send me a message if you want to help me out. Here are some screens from a couple of years.

Slapshot67

post-292-1193776497_thumb.jpg

I had started work on a NHL 75 rom a while back but hadn't gotten very far and have since put the project on hold since school has started...

What can I do to try to help?

-2&B

I'm just finishing up 1983, will release them when i am done 1986, just need someone to help me create the 87-91 crease. screens below.

once the 87-91 crease is completed, it will be pretty easy to make the others.

post-292-1193938319_thumb.jpg

Fella, you are a high quality roms machine. I can't fathom how much time you put into this stuff, but, just know you have my respect. Keep em comin. I have and will continue to enjoy your roms.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the NHL 72 rom and was amazed at how good the logos where and just how clean it is. My only suggestion would be to edit the goalie sprites into having all brown pads for that extra vintage feel. Even perhaps edit the player sprites to have no helmets. Not historically accurate but would really seperate it from all the rest as THE vintage hack. Also I was toying with the idea of perhaps making a street hockey hack complete with orange ball or puck and parking lot graphics for ice. Seems like a neat idea but not sure what to use for rosters. Perhaps something along the line of those NHL Street tourneys they used to have years ago?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep you up to date, the 80's roms should be up in late march or early april, I also put together a player and team rating template, it works really well, i have been using it for the 80's rom. I will go back and fix the 70's rom after the 80's. you can view it here

Edited by slapshot67

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everybody,

The 80's are done, you can get them here. both the 70's and 80's roms are now based off my rating template, i also added NHL 71, added the 74 summit series to NHL 74, and fixed some logos and jersey colors.

I am currently working on a Canada Cup rom and past Olympic hockey rom, i will work on these throughout the summer, then get back at the 90's roms.

Enjoy

Edited by slapshot67

Hey everybody,

The 80's are done, you can get them here. both the 70's and 80's roms are now based off my rating template, i also added NHL 71, added the 74 summit series to NHL 74, and fixed some logos and jersey colors.

I am currently working on a Canada Cup rom and past Olympic hockey rom, i will work on these throughout the summer, then get back at the 90's roms.

Enjoy

Awesome Slapper, just awesome.

One question, how do you come up with each players ratings?

First time poster here.

I just wanted to give you a big thanks for making these.

My father played in the NHL from 1980-1990 and I always wanted to play a video game with him in it (other than making him or something). Now I can! This is really sweet.

thanks guys

Awesome Slapper, just awesome.

One question, how do you come up with each players ratings?

I put together a rating template based on points, goalie wins, and team wins, you can view it here

First time poster here.

I just wanted to give you a big thanks for making these.

My father played in the NHL from 1980-1990 and I always wanted to play a video game with him in it (other than making him or something). Now I can! This is really sweet.

cool, who was your father?

thanks guys

I put together a rating template based on points, goalie wins, and team wins, you can view it here

cool, who was your father?

D - Chris Kotsopoulos (Rangers 80-81, Whalers 81-85, Leafs 85-89, Short stint on the Red Wings). I was happy with his ratings too, haha.

geez weird Kostopoulus and Kotsopoulus.

Thought your dad was related to Tom playing for the Pens, but slight name difference.