NHL'94 Forums

Deleted

Flames4LifeFLA

Can someone please offer some suggestions on what emulator I should use, now that I need a new one with netplay/alpha save state features for the Genesis Draft League...

Is the Gens32 Emulator my only option? I personally don't like this emulator because I can't seem to stretch the picture to my monitor's size. I have the play the game on a tiny 1/4 screen of the monitor and it is a real pain. I've tried the stretch or full screen option included with the Gens32, however, it just makes the emulator unresponsive (then crashes).

Please help...

We should probably have the emulator available for download from the GDL website...

Go here and get Gens 2.11 (not 2.14): <a href="http://gens.consolemul.com/downloads.shtml" target="_blank">http://gens.consolemul.com/downloads.shtml</a>

Unzip/extract Gens 2.11 to some directory (there is no installer).

Then, download the file attached to this post, which contains a modified executable (gens-netplaysave.exe) that does a few things:

• enables saving during netplay with the F5 key
  • allows you to change save-slots with the F6-F7 keys
  • has editable sound volume, since I always found gens was too loud...

Unzip the file into the gens 2.11 directory, so gens-netplaysave.exe is in the same directory as the old gens.exe.

Run gens-netplaysave.exe instead of gens.exe

---

There are two files attached to this post. One is a .ZIP, the other is a .BIN.

Download the ZIP.

If you can't get the zip to work on your comp (stupid windows integrated zip uselessness!!), then download the BIN. The BIN is actually the EXE (but i'm not allowed to upload EXE to the forum, for security reasons). You need to rename the file extension from .bin to .exe .

To rename from bin to exe:

• If you don't see the .bin in the filename once it is on your computer, you need to enable file extensions like so:
    • open a windows explorer window, go to Tools->Folder Options, then go to the View tab, and UNcheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types." then click OK

[*]right-click on the file, select "Rename" then erase the .bin part and replace it with .exe . Take the EXE and put it in the gens 2.11 folder.

gens_netplaysave.bin

post-253-1194479747_thumb.png

gens_netplaysave.zip

Thank you Smozoma, I really appreciate your help. I went ahead and got GENS 2.11, however, I am having some difficulty with the gens_netplaysave.zip file at the bottom. I have saved the file to my computer, but when I try to extract the files, Windows says the zip file is empty...

Thank you Smozoma, I really appreciate your help. I went ahead and got GENS 2.11, however, I am having some difficulty with the gens_netplaysave.zip file at the bottom. I have saved the file to my computer, but when I try to extract the files, Windows says the zip file is empty...

Hm.. what about this one?

gens_netplaysave.zip

I updated the ZIP, so maybe it works now. I made it with the built-in windows zip thing, so it should be ok. if not.. do a windows update or something because your comp is retarded! :P kidding, I don't know what the problem is..

I dont understand this, but with a new controller I have (Logitech Chillstream) whenever playing in gens or this gens-netplaysave I cannot move in the northwest direction. In Gens+ I do not have this problem. Any ideas why this happens?

I dont understand this, but with a new controller I have (Logitech Chillstream) whenever playing in gens or this gens-netplaysave I cannot move in the northwest direction. In Gens+ I do not have this problem. Any ideas why this happens?

afraid not.. : (

have you tried remapping the buttons?

Options->Joypads...

click the "Redefine keys" button next to player 1. follow the instructions that show up in the bottom-right of the window.

On my gamepad, I find I need to press a button labeled "digital" to make a light turn on, otherwise i can't move in any direction.

afraid not.. : (

have you tried remapping the buttons?

Options->Joypads...

click the "Redefine keys" button next to player 1. follow the instructions that show up in the bottom-right of the window.

On my gamepad, I find I need to press a button labeled "digital" to make a light turn on, otherwise i can't move in any direction.

Yes, no matter what i do when i redefine, regular gens only works with the analog stick and not the dpad on this controller. Its ok, i tried the download for the gens+netplaysave and with winzip it is able to extract the file and i am in business. Thanks for the quick response.