NHL'94 Forums

Weird experience playing online.

Ovechkin

So me and my friend tried playing online earlier today. Every thing was fine untill I noticed he was playing weird. Whenever I had the puck he would skate back and forth in his end, and whenever he got the puck he would skate to center and dump it down. When his goalie had the puck, he froze it every time. I paused it and asked him what he was doing. He told me I was doing the same thing. At first we dismissed it as a glitch, and we restarted everything and set it up again. The same thing happened. I looked at our latency. Mine was around 60-62, but his was way up there in the 100's, yet the game wasn't laggy at all. I also checked to see if either one of us desynched or lost connection but no explanation. Is this just some form of lag, or is something wrong???

So me and my friend tried playing online earlier today. Every thing was fine untill I noticed he was playing weird. Whenever I had the puck he would skate back and forth in his end, and whenever he got the puck he would skate to center and dump it down. When his goalie had the puck, he froze it every time. I paused it and asked him what he was doing. He told me I was doing the same thing. At first we dismissed it as a glitch, and we restarted everything and set it up again. The same thing happened. I looked at our latency. Mine was around 60-62, but his was way up there in the 100's, yet the game wasn't laggy at all. I also checked to see if either one of us desynched or lost connection but no explanation. Is this just some form of lag, or is something wrong???

That's what happens when the game desynchs. You can tell that you are desynched when the other player does things like that. If it keeps happening then there is a problem with one of your setups. It could be that you are trying to use different roms, or one of your internet connections is unstable. A ping of 100 or more is pretty high.

I remember when this happened to me, my very first online game, against Dadonch.

I thought I had got a 3-0 shutout, but little did I know, we were desynched. :lol: