NHL'94 Forums

Attention SNES A leaguers!

halifax

whats up with the following guys? You've all played less than 20 games in the last two months? :)

Mike 17 games - havent seen him online or heard form him.....not sure what is up with mike..he usually good to go

Shakazuzu 15 games - dont know him that well..said hed get his games in?

thevall99 16 games - same thing..said hed get his games in?

logan 12 games - not sure what happened..logan is usually reliable

Ev 18 games - disappeared for awhle..said he'd get his games in..here's hopin.

jotaC 13 games - havent seen or heard from him for a long time

The deer 11 games - just took over calgary recently and then broke his controller...any chance of using the keyboard?

*bangs head against keyboard*

There's really no excuse for me having 12 games done, I should have much more. It's a combination of work, ice hockey, exams and such. I do have free time, but i'm just usually so burnt out I don't feel like playing. Hit me up if you see me on AIM. I'll try and get as many in as I can.

Nice to hear from you Logan with that post.

It would be nice if you guys Logan and TheVal99 write in your AIM comment that your not up for a '94 game right now

because you guys like to be on the AIM for days and you guys never respond.

TheVal99 I see you change your comment everyday on AIM so can you add that comment that your not in the mood for a game at the end of it.

I also need to play Shakazuzu (NYR) and Jotacnhl94 (STL).

I'd like to see a Super League with the top 8 or even better the top 6 guys that have the best stats from this classic league year

and have a best of 11 game series and do the same kinda of playoff format from that.

The '94 games are way shorter than NHL hockey playoff games so it's only fair.

The hardest part of these leagues is finding the person to play once you find them it's easy from there to play many games with that person.

It's cool to play different guys around the world but the same guys are usually at the top.

Really anyone can have a few fluke games and take someone out of the playoffs.

Any guy could have a bad day.

With longer series we could get a true test of who is #1.

Can all these leagues change the playoff formats to best of 11?

No blah blah blah.

No one game 10 min Championship Why?

http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4237

Evan all it takes is adding one side forum to make this happen.

Nobody has to run it. The title just gets changed with a loss.

Evan good work making that side forum for the non related '94 topics.

Cheers.

Im not in favor of marathon playoffs. If a football match lasted 4 hours then it would be easy to for the best/richest team to win everytime & in sport people hate that especially if its the best team! time & time again. Having medium length will keep all players happy in the league, if they see that i've won the league 10 times in succession then it wont be alluring or exciting for eveyone else. :rolleyes:

:angry:

Im not in favor of marathon playoffs. If a football match lasted 4 hours then it would be easy to for the best/richest team to win everytime & in sport people hate that especially if its the best team! time & time again. Having medium length will keep all players happy in the league, if they see that i've won the league 10 times in succession then it wont be alluring or exciting for eveyone else. :rolleyes:

:angry:

It's only 2 more wins you have to win in each playoff series.

But fine best of 7 is classic.

If it was changed to best of 11 that would be great.

It's kinda sick having a Champion that might have fluked out a Championship.

These few extra games puts a little more of an element of skill factor for these playoffs.

I know everyone would give the Champion of the playoffs with a best of 11 game series more respect.

How can someone have a problem playing 4 more games at the most in each playoff series after playing a long season.

What a bullshit comment about you winning 10 times in succession. That will not happen.

If anything you want a shorter playoff series because if it was longer the true skill would come out and you will not be able to fluke out a

few playoff series and so they will figure you out by the end of a longer series.

Hey Fenty "IN" yeah "IN" heard that enough from me.

You would think I would have humbled you by now.

I'd like to see a Super League with the top 8 or even better the top 6 guys that have the best stats from this classic league year

and have a best of 11 game series and do the same kinda of playoff format from that.

Jeff...love your constant flow of ideas...The hopes of a 'superleague' is on its way...organized by yours truly.

The hardest part of these leagues is finding the person to play once you find them it's easy from there to play many games with that person.

true that....although it's not supposed to be hard to find people but unfortunately it is in some cases.

Really anyone can have a few fluke games and take someone out of the playoffs.

Any guy could have a bad day.

I don't think someone can fluke out 4 times to win a series.

With longer series we could get a true test of who is #1.

Can all these leagues change the playoff formats to best of 11?

I disagree...You could play a best of 11 and the series could still be 6 games to 5....is that a true test of a number one? I dont think any more than winning 4 games to 3. I think there's a reason why professional leagues have best of seven series....3 wins is not enough and 5 wins is excessive.

No one game 10 min Championship Why?

<a href="http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4237" target="_blank">http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4237</a>

Evan all it takes is adding one side forum to make this happen.

Nobody has to run it. The title just gets changed with a loss.

Think this is a fine idea....perhaps trying sending him a pm.

Jeff I support you in this post and will talk with Evan to see when we could do something along these lines. Really like the super league concept a lot.

Schwartz, I didn't picture you as a best of 11 kind of guy....to play in a super league?...for sure.

Having medium length will keep all players happy in the league, if they see that i've won the league 10 times in succession then it wont be alluring or exciting for eveyone else. :rolleyes:

Fenty, spare us with your silly jokes..lol

It's kinda sick having a Champion that might have fluked out a Championship.

I don't think any champion flukes out. I can only assume you are referring to fenty. Nobody wins 3 straight series by fluke(5 in fentys case...with the play-in series). No doubt that you have beaten fenty in some exhibition games...you have his number. But in leagues it can all come down to matchups...some guys play better against certain guys. That's just how it is.

There's a reason why we have several leagues a year and not just one league....so guys can get better...play as much as they want and there will be several champions!

I disagree...You could play a best of 11 and the series could still be 6 games to 5....is that a true test of a number one? I dont think any more than winning 4 games to 3. I think there's a reason why professional leagues have best of seven series....3 wins is not enough and 5 wins is excessive.

If you really wanted to settle it definitively, you'd probably just play until one team was up N games (3, 4, 5, whatever) on the other. Would take a while and would remove the excitement of a Game Seven (or Game Eleven). Sometimes excitement is good, even if it comes at the expense of increased mathematical certainty.

OK OK so if I fluked the final or if that could even happen.. That would mean I also had to fluke Knocking shwartz out, energy mike out (last seasons winner & point leader) logan, BSDEAMON & halifax out on the way to the final. & yes exibitions are highly different when it comes to competive games & I am a fine example of having to turn the heat up when needed. :rolleyes:

OK OK so if I fluked the final or if that could even happen.. That would mean I also had to fluke Knocking shwartz out, energy mike out (last seasons winner & point leader) logan, BSDEAMON & halifax out on the way to the final. & yes exibitions are highly different when it comes to competive games & I am a fine example of having to turn the heat up when needed. :P

:P

Fenty's got it right though; he had some real competition on the way and his win was much less luck and much more solid playing. Every game I play I remember my defeat in that series and fenty has become my beautiful muse for my nhl94 artistry :|

That is also true. But its even harder to fluke in the video game, because the scorings a lot higher and regular, if your not on your toes you can find yourself 3 goals down in 30 seconds. In a real life game it will happen occasionally.. a team misses a string of chances & the other team gets a sniff and flukes one & wins. But like I said in the V.Game each team gets 20 or so chances per game, its pretty much in the players hands to make use of those chances & to eliminate, absorb & absolve the others chances. :P