NHL'94 Forums

Changing player #s

Not to sound difficult, but I really think the only way a player number should be changed is if there's a replicate number already on that team.

I know there were some guys talking about changing numbers of players on their teams to reflect the number that they played with on that team (which is different from their original nhl '94 number) but I don't think that should be allowed. We know these guys on the ice primarily by the number they are on the original game. To change it up I think would be an unfair advantage or just really hard to track while playing the game.

Maybe I'm making that into too much of a big deal but that's how I feel on the issue. Let me know your thoughts guys.

You bring up a fair point EA, i know last year there were some guys out there who had some weird numbers and during the game id wonder..."who the f is that guy out there" and you dont find out until you get scored on.

I only changed the numbers of guys that are my backups, and when it comes to those guys, how many of us truely know all those guys off hand? you see a 25 or a 19 skating around on my pk and some people are still left wondering "whos that jerk on the ice?"

So in just in the spirit of having some fun since its a custom rom with custom teams and custom jerseys, why not some custom numbers? If its requested i change all my backups to their original numbers, then thats fine,ill comply with the rule. The only guy i would have to change is cam russell...i cant remember if he is 5 or 8, either way, its not that big of a deal to me.

yeah EA, I was hoping that the guys would follow this along the lines you were stating. That its more for guys that have the same number.

For example:

Before:

New Jersey

Zarley Zalapski #3

James Patrick #3

After:

Zarley Zalapski #2

James Patrick #3

How about limiting the number of jersey changes to 2 or 3 max?

Id be pretty dissapointed if I couldnt change Savard to #9, considering he played for TB the following season. Its just about 'feel' because I also picked TB because I knew Bradley was my first pick. Its just about it being a custom ROM, that makes some coaches want to do something different.

So just to be clear on this point... we are not changing jersey numbers, correct?

And the only way you can change jersey numbers is if there's a duplicate.

If the players are both on the starting line, then it's the coach's choice on which player number he changes. Otherwise, if there is a duplicate number on the team and one is on the backup line, then the backup player gets his jersey changed.

man whats a whiner. Savard can have #9.

I'm just not going crazy changing every number on the team for the sake of doing it. *COUGH* Jamonica *COUGH* :)

but like i said if you have a duplicate number and you tell me what to change it to, i will, otherwise it will just get changed by 1.