NHL'94 Forums

How many games this season?

DaDonch44

How many games should we play this season?

When making your decision, please think about how long these seasons really are going to be, and whether or not you will be available to play that amount of games.

The amount the first 2 seasons was 56:

4 games against each team in your division,

2 games against each team in other division same conference,

2 games against each team in other conference division 1,

2 games against each team in other conference division 2.

[4,2,2,2]

Smozoma came up with some other options:

68 games:

[4, 4, 2, 2]

80 games:

[4, 4, 3, 3]

and if you want to be more like the NHL:

82 games:

[4, 4, 3, 3, + 2 extra non conference games]

Post your number, and any thoughts. I'll keep updating the poll as people answer.

56, 68, 80, 82?

56 or 68 seems like a good choice in my opinion. I personally have no problem with playing more, but don't know how the rest of the league feels about that. There could be plenty of guys that can't play upwards of 80 games and frankly don't want to?

Considering that teams will be fighting for playoff spots within their own conferences, I do think we should be playing more games against division and conference opponents. Not that a lot probably disagree with this, but just saying.

As much as I would like to say 150, my vote is going to go for 56. I just don't want coaches to lose interest that may fall behind in the standings. 56 is still a healthy amount of games. A shorter season will also allow us to redraft a new team sooner (of course this will come after a 6 month playoff period... kidding kidding).

I'm voting for 68 (4/4/2/2).

Since with 68 games you play everyone in your conference 4 times (instead of just everyone in your division), it minimizes division balance problems. Playoff spots are given based on conference standing, so..

I say 56, and I agree with EA. If we can keep the coach casualties to a minimum, we go up to 68 next season :P

You know as bad as I am against the elite players, I'll hang around this season. Commitment is a strong thing ;)

56, but i'd also like to throw a middle option out for the people who would rather have 68.

What about 4-3-2-2? I realize this causes problems because how would you decide who got the 2 home games, but i'm sure we could find a workaround

56 - (5) - EricAnthony76, scribe99, SSiG, MattHurray, Logan,

68 - (5) - smozoma, KingsCupRun93, Hokkeefan, HABS, Jamonica,

80 - (0) -

82 - (1) - VocallyCaged,

i vote 68 because i want to piss off matt hurray