NHL'94 Forums

New NHL 97 rom

Sabre Dance

I have completed my NHL 97 update! I relocated Hartford, updated rosters, uniforms, center ice logos and team select logos for all teams but the best part...SEASON MODE with no Two line pass! If you are interested, pm me.

th_35741_VANBUF91_122_1169lo.jpg

th_35747_wash_ana_122_1166lo.jpg

th_36224_HURRIC61_122_507lo.jpgth_36226_ott_tb_122_1136lo.jpgth_36231_pens_hurricanes_122_336lo.jpgth_36237_phx_la_122_931lo.jpg

th_36242_SLSJ21_122_430lo.jpg

Thank you to Slapshot67 for his patience and tutelage!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Slapshot, I couldn't have done it without your help! I was debating if I should update the Islanders logos (I loved the fisherman) but decided to change it in the end. I know the logos aren't great but they'll do for now. Down the road I would like to update the ratings in the team select screen but I'll have to find the address in a hex editor. Thanks again!

Looks great. Say, is there another way I could get a hold of this bad boy. My e-mail is rynocub@hotmail.com.

Thanks a million.

Everything looks great. Very nice work. I did get a 1 minute minor for interference. I'm pretty sure you get two for minor penalties.

Everything looks great. Very nice work. I did get a 1 minute minor for interference. I'm pretty sure you get two for minor penalties.

Yeah, I thought 1 minute minors would be more realistic seeing that most people play five minute periods. If you play with five minute periods and take a two minute penalty, you are on the PK for almost half the period, just plain dumb. If you really want, I can change it back and send you a new rom.

No, no, it's actually a good idea. Makes it more proportional. Nice touch.

No, no, it's actually a good idea. Makes it more proportional. Nice touch.

I'm glad that I have you seeing things my way now! Anyway, if you see any mistakes let me know (I'm sure there is a shitload). I plan to make this a 30 team over the next few weeks. I basically completed the teams that are needed to have a season mode for right now.

well my favorite in the old game is Hasek and well in the your updated version Henrik lundqvist

but most of the time i do a little tournament and get like 10 of my friends and we pick 3 goalies each and then we try and make the most saves. its fun

• 4 weeks later...

I used N.O.S.E. to edit the period lengths; unfortunately, it appears that you cannot play 7-minute periods in season mode. Does anybody know if hex editing could change that, or if you're stuck with 5-10-20 in season mode? I was able to play 7-minute periods in exhibition mode.

I used N.O.S.E. to edit the period lengths; unfortunately, it appears that you cannot play 7-minute periods in season mode. Does anybody know if hex editing could change that, or if you're stuck with 5-10-20 in season mode? I was able to play 7-minute periods in exhibition mode.

I don't believe that 7 minute periods are possible as of yet. Perhaps I could send a copy to Tony H. and he can take a look. By the way, I have only Minnesota and Nashvile left for the 30 team ...

th_26077_thrashBJ_122_713lo.jpg

• 1 month later...
I have completed my NHL 97 update! I relocated Hartford, updated rosters, uniforms, center ice logos and team select logos for all teams but the best part...SEASON MODE with no Two line pass! If you are interested, pm me.

th_35741_VANBUF91_122_1169lo.jpg

th_35747_wash_ana_122_1166lo.jpg

th_36224_HURRIC61_122_507lo.jpgth_36226_ott_tb_122_1136lo.jpgth_36231_pens_hurricanes_122_336lo.jpgth_36237_phx_la_122_931lo.jpg

th_36242_SLSJ21_122_430lo.jpg

Thank you to Slapshot67 for his patience and tutelage!

Does anyone have the completed version of this rom they can send me (npurkat@aol.com)?

• 2 weeks later...
how is that 30 team rom coming along?

It is essentially done but I just want to add some finishing touches to it. What I really want to do is add anti-aliasing to my logos. I really never noticed how important it is to the finished product until I saw your decade roms. To be perfectly honest, I have been slacking on my 97 rom and working on my NFL 98 hack but I hope to do some serious work on it over the weekend.

th_38439_wild_nash_122_918lo.jpg

th_38444_97_ana_122_445lo.jpg