NHL'94 Forums

New NHL 97 rom

Sabre Dance

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabre, how did it go with your rom for NHL98? Really interested in that one, keep up the good work =)

98, really? I wish I hadn't spent a minute on that game simply because of the 2 line pass (although I do love the game speed selection). I would consider working on it if I had some help. My 97 is complete and I will e-mail it to slapshot and hopefully he will be willing to post it on his site. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sabre,

Yes, the low speed selection makes the game very good. Any chance to get rid of the two line pass rule?

I exchanged a few e-mails with Chris Shrigley who was the lead programmer for 98. I introduced myself to him and told him about this community and how I have been hacking his game. When I asked him about removing the 2 line passes, I swear I could hear him laughing through my monitor. He told me how EA wanted that function a priority and that it was a total pain in the ass to add. He also told me that it isn't as easy as changing some codes. Oh well, at least I tried...

sabre sent it to me and i have put it up, you can get it from here. keep up the great work sabredance

Thank you Slapshot! I hope everyone enjoys the game and please let me know of any mistakes. I plan to continue working on the graphics as time allows.

ENJOY!

Great Rom Sabres.

And nice of you slapshot to host it.

Thanks Mack, it means a lot to me that you enjoy it. Slapshot is also trying to ass the trapezoid behind the goal-line. I have added some graphics to the side-boards similar to your 96 hack. Thanks again to Slapshot, I wouldn't have been able to finish it without him.

Hi Sabre,

Your game sounds really cool and I can't wait to play it. However, the link isn't working for me. Can you please send the game to devildiesel[at]yahoo.com

Thanks.

Should be cool now, I just tried it.

• 1 month later...

Great ROM, Sabre Dance. I find myself once again playing season mode on a sports game that's a decade or more old. :-p Too bad you can't have all the teams in Season Mode. Oh well...

Keep up the good work.

Great ROM, Sabre Dance. I find myself once again playing season mode on a sports game that's a decade or more old. :-p Too bad you can't have all the teams in Season Mode. Oh well...

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Primis! All the teams in season mode would be great but at this point, I would settle on having teams in their appropriate divisions.

• 3 weeks later...
It is essentially done but I just want to add some finishing touches to it. What I really want to do is add anti-aliasing to my logos. I really never noticed how important it is to the finished product until I saw your decade roms. To be perfectly honest, I have been slacking on my 97 rom and working on my NFL 98 hack but I hope to do some serious work on it over the weekend.

th_38439_wild_nash_122_918lo.jpg

th_38444_97_ana_122_445lo.jpg

hey man could you hook a fellow sabres fan up my email is Huffdawg786[at]yahoo.com

awesome job man i'm loving this site more and more as the day goes on i just found this site earlier this afternoon.

thanks for the rom and the hard work you put into it. It's really good

Thanks Huff, I appreciate the kind words. I'll be updating for next season too, keep an eye out.