NHL'94 Forums

You know you're having a bad night when...

SSiG

-Your best effort is a 7-0 loss.

-You dominate the stats against the CPU and lose 4-1.

-You come to the realization that your best won't be good enough for more than 3 wins in a season.

-Your best player is Darren Turcotte.

-You miss a tap-in and send the puck flying into the nosebleed section.

-The opposing goalie somehow scores on you.

-I forgot to mention...the goalie was THE FRIGGIN' CPU!!!

-Losing 6-0 after 2 periods to the same CPU that I could tally 15 goals on if I was motivated.

More to come, I'm just so demoralized at the moment.

I know I'm having a bad night when...

the other team is hoisting the stanley cup after I won and it was just an EXHIBITION game!

Yes, I know. Very, very retarded. I was playing with my friend on the actual console, just a regular exhibition match, he was the Rangers and I was the Canucks, and after I won the game 4-3 in OT, his team started celebrating and one of his players was holding the cup!!

Could it maybe be because those are the default teams on the game and because they played in the stanley cup finals so maybe that's why he's hoisting the cup?? Just a thought...

Carse told me you know you're having a bad night when one moment you're watching football with the roomie when you go to take a sip of your beer, and the next moment you come to with an empty bottle of vaseline on the table in front of you, a battered cucumber on the floor and an exhausted roommate spooning you from behind.

I know I'm having a bad night when...

the other team is hoisting the stanley cup after I won and it was just an EXHIBITION game!

Yes, I know. Very, very retarded. I was playing with my friend on the actual console, just a regular exhibition match, he was the Rangers and I was the Canucks, and after I won the game 4-3 in OT, his team started celebrating and one of his players was holding the cup!!

Could it maybe be because those are the default teams on the game and because they played in the stanley cup finals so maybe that's why he's hoisting the cup?? Just a thought...

I think this sometimes happens when you have playoffs in process, saved in the finals, and play an exhibition game with the same team.

I think this sometimes happens when you have playoffs in process, saved in the finals, and play an exhibition game with the same team.

Well I do have a Stanley Cup Finals saved and I have not played it yet, but it's Vancouver vs. Tampa Bay. I guess that could be it then. Still though, that's a pretty weird glitch.

Let me guess, you're playing as TB.

lol howw did you knowww? /sarcasm

But then again I also like using other teams occasionally like Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Calgary, etc. (and I'm not being sarcastic :) )

Day 4 of my "Bad Night"...

-Lost 4-0 in GDL opener @ Boston.

-Lost 2-1 to CPU Detroit.

-A combined 11 penalties in both games (4 against Boston, 7 against Detroit)

-Controller tossed across living room in disgust.

-I'm SSiG. This is normal for me because the ROMs seem to be hardcoded with the logic that "If SSiG is playing, YOU CAN'T LOSE!!! :)

I'm sure I'll be adding to THIS one as well :P

don't come down on Turcotte; he is often my best player. he makes a great center.