NHL'94 Forums

NCAA Frozen Four 2007

Inklings

NCAA Frozen Four 2007

3-1.jpg

Well after much work i have finally finished my first rom. I wish i could say it was easy but it wasn't . I now have a lot more respect for those who edit theres roms for all of us to play. I must have spent 100 hours using the search function on this site to learn how to do this stuff and i still concider my self a newbie at nhl94 editing. The game is not as visualy pleasing as most of the other roms people have made but im still happy with my first results. If anyone has any pointers/tips for me id love to hear them as long as they are given in a postive way.

To my knowledge this is the first College hockey rom that has been completed so i hope all you other ncaa fans enjoy the game. I plan on making one next year too. Now that i got some idea what I'm doing i plan on adding more teams for next years version. There are still a few things i hope to figure out for next years version. I really want to find the stanley cup graphic in the playoff tree and edit that out. So if anyone knows how to do that PLEASE tell me how.

Thanks and Enjoy

~Inklings

nccfrozenfour2007.bin

nccfrozenfour2007.bin

• 3 weeks later...

shouldnt have to wait much longer! Its always good after finishing a project as big as this to step away from it after its finished for a little while and then come back to it and do some last minute touch ups and tweeking. And thats what i'm doing. Id say look for its release in about 3 weeks.

Doing an awesome job man! I've pretty much given up hope on mine, I didn't have the time for making a rom I figured out a few weeks ago, and I'm glad to hear someone is going to follow through with an NCAA rom. Can't wait to play it man,

-Vinnie

Doing an awesome job man! I've pretty much given up hope on mine, I didn't have the time for making a rom I figured out a few weeks ago, and I'm glad to hear someone is going to follow through with an NCAA rom. Can't wait to play it man,

-Vinnie

It sure is A LOT of work. I have much respect now for the peps who make these updated roms for us to play. Id like to make another NCAA rom right after the next frozen four. Maybe you would like to help me out with it?

Good stuff. Looking forward to it.

So i started hardcore beta testing last night. I already found a bunch of graphical errors, most i have fixed already. I also decided i was not happy with how easy the game was. So i messed around with stats a bit. I bumped up all the defensive awareness skill for each player and cut passing skills a bit. I wasn't set back at all and in fact this might be released this weekend!

I really hope the few others that follow College hockey enjoy this rom as it has been A LOT of work for a person who knew nothing about hacking roms just a few months ago.

und.jpg

It sure is A LOT of work. I have much respect now for the peps who make these updated roms for us to play. Id like to make another NCAA rom right after the next frozen four. Maybe you would like to help me out with it?

Yeah man. I'll be out of school so I would be able to devote more time towards a good project. Maybe a summer frozen four league too?

Yeah man. I'll be out of school so I would be able to devote more time towards a good project. Maybe a summer frozen four league too?

Cool it sure would be nice to get a little help with next years version. As for a league, i have actually never played a game online but i might be willing to give it a try.

I thought you fellow college hockey fans would like to know my game was a big success over at the OSCHO boards. Between here, hfboards and OSCHO forums i have almost 300 downloads on the game. I just actually had my first online game with the rom tonight too. If you want to see the responses this rom is getting check out the link bellow.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=73548

I thought you fellow college hockey fans would like to know my game was a big success over at the OSCHO boards. Between here, hfboards and OSCHO forums i have almost 300 downloads on the game. I just actually had my first online game with the rom tonight too. If you want to see the responses this rom is getting check out the link bellow.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=73548

awesome man! i hope you don't mind, but there's a facebook group dedicated to petitioning for ea sports to make an ncaa game and i posted the link to your download on that group. loving the rom man.

awesome man! i hope you don't mind, but there's a facebook group dedicated to petitioning for ea sports to make an ncaa game and i posted the link to your download on that group. loving the rom man.

Yeah i saw a link to facebook on the youtube video i have up. Thats fine with me. Any chance you could send me an invite to the group please? CrushingInklings@yahoo.com

Nice work! This rom will be getting a lot of run. Hopefully Evan can stick this on the main page.

Yes, Inklings I am going to add your latest version to the downloads section of nhl94.com.

Great work!

-Evan

Yes, Inklings I am going to add your latest version to the downloads section of nhl94.com.

Great work!

-Evan

Cool thanks!

A small update: I have already started the 2008 version which will be 3 different roms(all 59 teams) . I'm pairing up up the 6 divisions so its going to take a me awhile. I really wish there was a way to just put all 59 teams in one game it would save me some time.

I should have it out sometime in the summer of 2008.

Video preview of the CHA/ECAC version of NCAA 2008

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hxixFg0UvoY" target="_blank">

</a>

I will eventuality be making 3 games. So yes all 59 teams will be included!

When the time comes a few months from now ill be looking for some help with rosters/stats. If anyone is up to the challenge please let me know.

Some changes in the new version:

-Better looking team logos.

-Ron Bar has been fired from EA sports and replaced with Gary Thorne.

-6 all star teams base on the best players from each conference.

• 3 months later...
  • 13 years later...