NHL'94 Forums

New Players, Same Old Devils

SSiG

Devils Still Winless. Other Than That, Nothing Unusual

Guess who's still winless? Give up? It's the Devils! The only team that has a realistic chance of going 0-58-0.

Despite a seemingly solid offense, New Jersey still has a huge goose egg in the win column. Starting their season 0-7-0, New Jersey's inadequacies in defense are obvious. "We're not on the right page at the moment." James Patrick told reporters after their latest debacle, a 7-1 loss to Anaheim. "Right now, we're just out of sync, and it just seems to me that our coach doesn't want to be there." Patrick added. "It's as if he's lost his will to try" Added Cam Neely. "He's one of the best GM's in this league, how that doesn't translate into good coaching, I have no idea."

Devils head coach/GM Tom Delgado couldn't explain it either. "I don't know. I just don't know. Nothing's going right for us, and if I can be honest, I don't know if we can turn this around. The skill gap from this team to the rest of the league is so wide. We're just not good. Something needs to change, and if that something is me, then so be it. I just want what's best for this team. You guys know what happened when I resigned last season, kgman took this team to the finals. Maybe these guys need someone else behind the bench. I'm really out of solutions." Delgado said, as he left the room to talk to assistant coach Richard Brodeur.

Coach Delgado soon after released a statement saying "I have absolutely no intentions of resigning at this time. The intention at this point is to focus on strategy for the next game, and shoring up our defense. We gotta try and figure a way out of this before it spirals even more out of control". Looks like Tom Delgado will be staying with the Devils for the time being, but you know how the fiery coach is. You never know when he's going to explode. You could say that the fuse has been lit, but that would probably be quite the understatement.

mourinho_jose_cfc_profile_2006.jpg

Delgado Looks For Solution to Start-of-Season Slump