NHL'94 Forums

Thumping by Blues Have Devils Singing the Blues

SSiG

Eklund, Blues Humiliate Devils

Remember the name: Pelle Eklund.

Pelle's 5 goals helped the Blues to a decisive 12-0 victory tonight to push the Devils to a 0-9-0 start. Vincent Damphousse chipped in with a hat trick and 3 assists. After the game, Felix Potvin was quite vocal about being pulled after giving up his 3rd goal of the game. "I told coach right after the game that he was out of his mind for pulling me. The look he gave me after I said that tells me that he didn't care about what I had to say. I don't like playing for coaches who do not and will not listen to his players" Potvin told reporters as he was leaving the arena tonight.

After the loss, team captain Potvin called a players-only meeting. He would not reveal the results from that meeting, but things are clear. After 9 games, the Devils have no faith in their coach, and he has no faith in them. The only thing these guys might have to play for at this point is to avoid an extremely humiliating winless season.

eklindsinside2.jpg

Eklund Gives the Blues Five