NHL'94 Forums

KGMan Returns to Jersey, Beats Devils

SSiG

NEWARK, NJ --- KGMan returned to New Jersey tonight to a hero's welcome, getting a standing ovation from a sold out crowd after in Season 2, he took over for coach Tom Delgado and led the Devils to the GDL finals. He promptly repaid his former team with a 7-3 beating.

Winnipeg came out flying from the start, and never let up. A disgusted Felix Potvin was pulled midway into the 2nd period. Afterwards, coach Tom Delgado called a closed-door meeting and reportedly blasted his players for quitting on him yet again. "He doesn't respect us. I don't know why he even came back." Kevin Dahl told of Delgado's tirade. "He's gotta realize that we're trying to win a game for him. He can't expect us to over-extend ourselves." Brian Bellows said. "I feel bad for coach. We're not doing enough to win, and I wanna win a game for him." Cam Neely remarked when talking about coach Delgado.

Delgado did speak to reporters very briefly though, and he was not lost for words. "Gee, what do I have to do, kidnap these players' wives? This losing streak is ridiculous, and if you count GDL Season 2 before I resigned, it's 31 straight losses, and I'm really getting mad at these guys for playing like sh*t! Now out of my way." Delgado roared before going to his car, only to find it covered in eggs by disgrunted Devils fans.

000546258.jpg

Bassen Blasts Devils, Delgado Blasts Fans and Team (not pictured)