NHL'94 Forums

woww

Carse

Jamonica quit on me 1/2 way thru the 2nd period about a week ago when i was winning because "it was unplayable".. we replay it today and when he ends with the win runs out of the room and logs the game when the lag was worse today than last time... classy

I would have made a big deal out of it, but I was honest enough to know that the connection was shitty. also, after the game you quit the game within 5 seconds of the final buzzer. You then were no where to be found on AIM, dispite us having another game to play. I just found it amusing how people will cop out of a game when they are losing, but when they are ahead they find no fault in logging a game.

lol typical garbage from carse. How much credibility do you actually believe you have carse?? lolololol

cry for life

Someone is still better about being knocked off back when he was actually decent? Embarassing.

Carse said:
I would have made a big deal out of it, but I was honest enough to know that the connection was shitty. also, after the game you quit the game within 5 seconds of the final buzzer. You then were no where to be found on AIM, dispite us having another game to play. I just found it amusing how people will cop out of a game when they are losing, but when they are ahead they find no fault in logging a game.

Deleted

Carse said:
also, after the game you quit the game within 5 seconds of the final buzzer.

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

I just want to respond to the connection topic, not the dispute here. But sometimes a connection will become unplayable in the middle of the game; it doesn't always show up right away.

I leave my FPS display on, so I can always tell when a game's frame rate starts to drop. I've had smooth games with Jamonica and Carse, and I've had games where the control was horrible, yet it didn't seem to affect their play.

I'm not sure if it's because both are using the stretch option or not, but I've had a problems getting smooth games against both players.

From now on, if I see the frame rate drop like that, I'm not going to continue playing. I have almost no gameplay problems anyone in the league besides Carse, Jamonica, and Dmac. The strange thing is when I resize my window as I'm playing, the frame rate will pick back up, then slowly decline again. There seems to be an issue with the settings on their end, imo.

Did that hurt your feelings? And actually I was back online, check IceStorm's IM log, because I IMed him for a game.

Yep Yep Jamon definiely did sign back on and IM me for a game. Sorry Carse.

Backed out the last statement. Not going to digress.

...and sadly it reasons like this that I don't join a league.

It's just a game guys. Relax and have fun with it.

Lol, Mack it's been this way since we were all running around in our diapers. Anything that is competitive brings out the worst in us sometimes.

I remember back in college we all used to almost throw down after some of our NHL94 battles. The BS cheeze move, before that the unstoppable cheeze play in techmo bowl, and before that the inevitable switch to 'expert' on atari when your opponent wasn't looking. Ya I just aged myself, but wow the older we get the less things change. Games bring out the children in us sometimes.

Just gotta look beyond the pettyness and see what it's all about- Competition and fun.