NHL'94 Forums

ZIP file attachments

smozoma

Whenever I upload something on here as a ZIP file, people say they can't open it.

Can other people try uploading zip files in this thread and then have other people try to open them?

I don't know what's going on; I blame the forum! That and I guess people are using the default XP zip functionality thing which apparently sucks pucks. I even used the XP zip to make the most recent zip i uploaded, since I thought that was the problem...apparently it's not

Yeah I've had people saying they have problem getting uploaded zip files to work too. I have no problem downloading my own, and so far haven't had problems downloading other people's zips either, so I don't know what the problem is. I use WinRAR of course. :o

Guys,

I've tested uploading ZIP and RAR files. Then, downloading them and extracting them, and they seem to work fine. I just added the RAR mime-type so maybe try that one too as it might work better. I create my rar/zip files using winrar as well.

-Evan

Guys,

I've tested uploading ZIP and RAR files. Then, downloading them and extracting them, and they seem to work fine. I just added the RAR mime-type so maybe try that one too as it might work better. I create my rar/zip files using winrar as well.

-Evan

The thing is, i'm pretty sure the problem is the built-in windows xp zip. It can't unzip these things sometimes. Better zip programs can probably handle them all.

I doubt half the people here have RAR, anyway..