NHL'94 Forums

Canucks Keep On Rolling

dmac

VANCOUVER, CANADA - The Vancouver Canucks just keep on rolling as they get another win and yet another shutout for Bill Ranford. Before splitting a home and home against Logan, the Canucks had another strong win, this one being a 10-0 stomping over the newly coached Philly Flyers. "Game in and game out these guys are playing the best hockey I've ever seen!" coach dmac explained as he celebrates his birthday. "Pavel just tears it up every game and we really appreciate his efforts." Pavel Bure credits his uncanny goal scoring abilities on how everyone on the team is "like a family". "You know all de players always supporting each other is just great you know like one big family, it just keeps me going." When asked when will he be stopped, Bure just giggled and said "I hope so never! haha!" So there you have it, a happy Pavel Bure, a happy Vancouver Canucks hockey club.

hburecheer.jpg

Bure celebrates one of his 111 goals so far this season.

Here is the mid-season report for the Vancouver Canucks.

OFFENSE: A++

DEFENSE: B

GOALTENDING: B+

Player reports

Pavel Bure - A+++ - Pavel Bure has just been amazing this season. He really has surprised a lot of people, including his coach. In just 27 games, Pavel already has 111 goals and 132 points, and is tearing up the league. He has made defenders miss, deked through an entire team, and has delivered some bone-crushing hits. He is on pace for a record setting season, hopefully finishing it off with a GDL3 Stanley Cup.

Joe Nieuwendyk - B+ - Joe Nieuwendyk has also had a very good season and, just as expected, has been tearing it up in the assists category. He has been a strong force at centre, winning lots of faceoffs, and a mediocre checker. Joe is on pace to break Rod Brindamour's assist record for the Canucks.

Trevor Linden - C+ - Just as expected, Trevor Linden has been relatively quiet this season. With just 24 points in 27 games, Trev hasn't been much of a force, but has made the right plays when needed.

Paul Coffey - A - A strong force on d, and a nice offensive touch is what Coffey has brought to the table this season. Third in the league for assists (44), Coffey has proved to pose a threat on both sides of the ice this season.

Mikhail Tatarinov - C- - Mikhail hasn't performed to his standards, and almost every game he has been replaced by the unlikely yet skilled Eric Weinrich. Tatarinov has been horrible on offense, although has potted in 18 assists in the past 15 games. His defense has also been way below standars, missing checks and being in the wrong places. Just as angryjay predicted, Mikhail Tatarinov has been a failed experiment.

Bill Ranford - A - Bill Ranford, who already has 3 shutouts this season, has proven to Canucks fans that he can get the job done. With Bure's high scoring skills, all the coaches ask of Ranford is to make enough saves to win, and 90% of the time, he gets it done. Expect Ranford to step up his game even more as the schedule gets tougher for the Canucks down the stretch.

Backups - A+ - The backups for the Canucks have been outstanding this season, including one unlikely source. Joe Murphy has been an incredible force; whenever Bure gets a penalty, Murphy comes on and does not dissapoint. He has 3 goals and 3 assists, and is an incredible force on the PK. Eric Weinrich has also stepped in numerous times in place of Mikhail Tatarinov and has been quite a solid defenseman. Pretty much all of the Canucks backups have performed to, or above their expectations this season.

nice work so far on the first half of your season, you are looking very fly.

just when i thought i had the clear path for sandstrom to win the points race, you come up and demolish the league, i congratulate you on your offensive prowress, i dont think tougher competition will do much to slow you down.

nice work so far on the first half of your season, you are looking very fly.

just when i thought i had the clear path for sandstrom to win the points race, you come up and demolish the league, i congratulate you on your offensive prowress, i dont think tougher competition will do much to slow you down.

Thanks! I'm just amazed how lucky I'm getting against such tough competitors in this league this season. I hope I can continue my success hopefully topping it off with a cup. I shouldn't get too ahead of myself though..

Man dmac, I wish I was having ANYTHING like the kind of season you're having.

Instead, I'm stuck with an 0-28 team that doesn't have much hope of avoiding the imperfect season.