NHL'94 Forums

Fastest Hat Trick

HatTrick94

I was playing the other day as the Sabres in a playoff against Quebec and recorded a hat trick with Mogilny 1:23 into the first period. It wasn't something I was setting out to do, but when it happened I quickly became aware of how odd it is for me to score three goals that quickly into a game, let alone all with one player (this was done with Gens). Anyone else have any remarkably quick natural hat tricks (even if they didn't lead off a game, but happened in a quick time-frame during the game).

As a comparison, the NHL record for fastest hat trick belongs to Bill Mosienko who scored 3 goals in 21 seconds against the Rangers in 1952.

NHL_Hockey_94__UE______004.bmp

NHL_Hockey_94__UE______005.bmp

I had two very close calls today in two seperate games. I had one in 29 seconds against montreal in gdl and one in 27 seconds against the rangers. My record though goes all the way back to gdl 1 when i scored one in 24 seconds with good ol jimmy carson.

I also have a penchant for giving them up to, in gdl 1 i gave one up to tony granato in 26 seconds and steve yzerman scored 4 in 44 seconds.

29 seconds

27 seconds

24 seconds

and now for the ones against i noticed

26 seconds against

4 goals in 44

I had two very close calls today in two seperate games. I had one in 29 seconds against montreal in gdl and one in 27 seconds against the rangers. My record though goes all the way back to gdl 1 when i scored one in 24 seconds with good ol jimmy carson.

I also have a penchant for giving them up to, in gdl 1 i gave one up to tony granato in 26 seconds and steve yzerman scored 4 in 44 seconds.

29 seconds

27 seconds

24 seconds

and now for the ones against i noticed

26 seconds against

4 goals in 44

I like the way u spun that AJ u should be in politics (4 goals in 44) is impressive but i think 3 in 18 secs which what habs did 2 u would be the record which u failed to mention.....congrats Habs

HatTrick94: just a tip.. save as jpg or png (instead of bmp) and upload them to imageshack.us or something so people can view the image without having to download it.

-Snes alert!- :)

Well I haven't got a fast hattrick captured.. But the three quickest goals I've seen the AI score (AI vs AI) are these:

nhl94u00000computerscorax1.png

Bam bam bam, three goals in 28 seconds!

And I got rather nice Power Play stats the other day:

nhl94therealajerseys000gh5.png

Two PP's, two PP shots, two PP goals, all in 9 seconds :unsure:

How the f*ck do you guys score goals so quickly? 2 goals in 3 seconds?!?!!

About maybe five games ago I almost had a hat trick with Bure in the first 45 seconds but I got stopped on the floater for the third attempt.

what the hell... 24-3 and 11 straight goals with one player!! :o

Big deal! In NHL 2k8, I had 21 goals and 19 assists in a single game with Wayne Gretzky; I was the 1987 Edmonton Oilers and the CPU's randomized opponent was Ukraine. Sure, I concede that THE UKRAINE is weak; however, still an impressive performance by Gretzky!

As per NHL '94... I never really kept track of how quickly I scored with players on my Genesis console or on the Gens+ emulator. I do know for a fact that I've had many instances where I had a hat trick in less than a minute with the likes of Mario Lemieux, Jeremy Roenick, Sergei Fedorov, Pavel Bure, Teeemu Selanne, and Alexander Mogilny. I'll have to start timing myself and see if I can top -- or at least challenge -- the 18-second mark.

Big deal! In NHL 2k8, I had 21 goals and 19 assists in a single game with Wayne Gretzky; I was the 1987 Edmonton Oilers and the CPU's randomized opponent was Ukraine. Sure, I concede that THE UKRAINE is weak; however, still an impressive performance by Gretzky!

As per NHL '94... I never really kept track of how quickly I scored with players on my Genesis console or on the Gens+ emulator. I do know for a fact that I've had many instances where I had a hat trick in less than a minute with the likes of Mario Lemieux, Jeremy Roenick, Sergei Fedorov, Pavel Bure, Teeemu Selanne, and Alexander Mogilny. I'll have to start timing myself and see if I can top -- or at least challenge -- the 18-second mark.

actually it kinda is a big deal....he did it in a league game against a human opponent in 5 minute periods...I've never seen anyone get that many goals scored on them in 5 minute periods.

actually it kinda is a big deal....he did it in a league game against a human opponent in 5 minute periods...I've never seen anyone get that many goals scored on them in 5 minute periods.

I should've used a smilie to make it known that I was being sarcastic when I said "Big deal!" I wasn't being mean or anything.

As for his hat trick... AGAINST A HUMAN OPPONENT THAT QUICKLY? WOW! Either that was his best performance ever, or he played against a completely terrible opponent. Or maybe it was a little bit of both. :o

I should've used a smilie to make it known that I was being sarcastic when I said "Big deal!" I wasn't being mean or anything.

As for his hat trick... AGAINST A HUMAN OPPONENT THAT QUICKLY? WOW! Either that was his best performance ever, or he played against a completely terrible opponent. Or maybe it was a little bit of both. :o

In all honesty and with all due respect to my opponent, it was a little bit of both, but it was probably a lot more my best performance ever, i never expect to score anywhere near that many again in a league game.

Little side note, Sandstrom had 11 straight goals at one point, I had never scored more than 9 in a game with him before that, so yeah, best performance ever and itll never happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

swos's hat-trick against me:

1st goal: I tried to change the control over to a D player, but my offensive player makes that poke/tripping thing even when he's not near the puck - Control switches to the other player when it is too late. So when it did that poke instead of player change, I should have switched to a goalie at that point.

2nd goal: Here when i lost the face-off, i tried to poke with already controlled player but it switched to a winger who was further from the puck. After that I just kept pressing b when i saw there was number of my players near the puck, but as you can see, it doesnt poke with any of them, but keeps switching the control. Also there it could have switched to number 29 first, because he was the best positioned player to play the D. So being lost with a controlled player paid the price here too.

3rd goal: When i got a control on the player number 10, i was positioned badly, but I clearly had time there. My movement and poke there is bad, and this goal is worst D from me out of these 3 goals.

.... i give swos credits for his great pass goal skills and minus points for my lack of preparedness in such a situation. Other minus points goes to EA (or hackers) who havent made separate buttons for switching players and making the poke/tripping defensive play.

• 5 months later...

I believe I have tied the GENS record of the fastest hat trick. Just now in GDL4 I was playing Sebe and I scored a hat trick with Peter Bondra: 18 seconds. I just passed it right away to Bondra and did a floater each time. :grimace:

I wanted to take a screenshot but I was going to do it at the end of the game but the game lagged out :haha:

I was playing with my friend online late one night with the swos 08 update.

Last 9 seconds Ilya Kovalchuk 3 goals, I had him playing center and i just won the faceoff and went in and scored. One goal was on manual goalie though (he sucks :P) I won the game and kept the series alive.

I want to know how the two goals in three seconds happened. tell me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...