NHL'94 Forums

Double Minor Infinite Penalty Kill Bug?

HockeyGirl87

Ok, so I was playing a version of NHL 97 in which I edited rosters of... I'm not sure if this bug had anything to do with that or not, but I was playing a season on it, on one of the games I played, one of my Defensemen got a double minor penalty. A while after that I ended up getting an interference penalty and then another double minor.

Well, after the interference penalty ended and the one guy came out of the box, I noticed something odd... The following face off I was back down to three men. When the second double minor finished I realized the Defenseman that got the first double minor was stuck in the box... For the rest of the game.

I'm not sure if the penalty would have ended if the opponent scored a goal, because I never gave them the chance to, but it was kind of an odd situation to play through.

When it first happened, I decided to call it the "Red Card Bug" simply because it reminded me of a red card in Soccer...

But anyway, has anyone else experienced this before?

• 1 month later...

I just experienced the same thing myself. It really sucked because it was Scott Stevens that got stuck in the box! I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I noticed that the penalty was set to expire at the same time the period ended. Maybe there is a glitch where the player is not released properly because of the period ending code.

• 4 months later...

I just made a new discovery involved in this bug. Kind of validating my choice to call it the "Red Card Bug."

The glitch happened again because my team racked up a bunch of penalties after one of my players got a double minor, so it happened similarly to the first time I experienced the bug. After figured out the bug happened again, I decided randomly to use manual goalie and ended up conceding a goal, and I found out that if the team with the power play scores a goal on a team with an infinite penalty kill, the goal doesn't actually end the penalty kill. Meaning whoever is stuck in the box will be stuck in it for the rest of the game, no matter what.

It's sometimes a fun thing to try to play through, but it really sucks if a star player gets stuck in the box and you have to be stuck without him for the rest of the game.

wait wait wait wait wait...wait.....wait.... we have a female nhl player? =O

Yes, I do exist. I'm very quiet around here, but I am here.

None the less, I'd much rather everyone would discuss the actual topic this thread was intended for instead of the fact that I'm female and play NHL games.