NHL'94 Forums

Midseason Prediction Analysis

angryjay93

Well boys, it looks like we've hit about the midpoint of our season so far and i thought it might be a little fun to look at my predictions and see just how good, mediocre, or horribly crappy they are, so enjoy.

wboy division:

Prediction: Reality:

1. Detroit 1. Islanders

2. Islanders 2. Detroit

3. Quebec 3. Quebec

4. Los Angeles 4. Anaheim

5. Anaheim 5. Los Angeles

6. New Jersey 6. New Jersey

Nothing too drastically wrong here, EA and AJ still have 4 games left to play and those could very well decide the division crown. As predicted AJ's defense has been utterly disgusting, yet the offense is saving him nearly every game.

EA isn't lighting up the league like he was last season, but his offense is still supreme and is hadneling most every challenger he faces.

Quebec hasnt exactly been rolling on all cylinders with a -5 goal differential, but being 5 games over .500 while struggling is about as good of a position as you can ask for until ciccarelli gets hot.

Anaheim and LA are having some struggles with consistency, but Anaheim looks to have the inside track on the last playoff spot.

New Jersey, as predicted had a very ugly division game by losing 24-3 in long island. Its been a season long soap opera in New Jersey and it only looks to continue to wear on.

Again, nothing too drastic from what i predicted, at a kid AJ.

Dallongvile:

Predicted: Reality:

1. Montreal 1. Minnesota

2. Minnesota 2. Rangers

3. Rangers 3. Montreal

4. Philadelphia 4. Buffalo

5. San Jose 5. San Jose

6. Buffalo 6. Philadelphia

First off id like to tip my cap to Minnesota, Buffalo, and San Jose for performing beyond my expectations. Scribe has been winning close games all season and his squad just seems to be going stronger by the day.

As for Buffalo, jrodimus is doing a magnificent job with a team that had a low draft spot and isnt even his own, hes really making his squad a formidable team despite Hasek's shennanigans.

Ed has been with us since day 1 and his game has seem to have gotten leaps and bounds better, while he isnt quite challenging for a playoff spot, he is knocking off big name players now and playing most everyone tough with a team that i thought wouldnt be good for anyone. 20 wins is absolutely possible with that squad and who knows, a late season playoff push.

Now for you boys making me look bad. Montreal, habs, kid, whats going on? You bring back half of your team and all of a sudden its a dog fight to just stay above .500? Man, i thought youd be running this league tearing people inside out. Im looking for a big 2nd half from you to make me look good.

Rangers, wheres the W's? I know your backline isnt the greatest, but ive seen your magic with Teemu Selanne before, Mogilny is having a solid season, but he should be just killing kids every night with his speed and stick handling, i know you still got it in you, so itll come.

And Philly, i didnt pick them to make the playoffs, but i didnt expect a coaching change either, i mean seriously...who the hell gives up JR? the guy had 300+ freaking points last season. Hes the damn cover athlete for the game this year! But sdogg is doing his best and with a team that doesnt have much depth, hes doing everything he can and will likely get a top pick to draft his own boys and get roenick again.

So, Buffalo has been the big suprise, i picked em last in teh conference and they look to be a sure playoff team now. Montreal is looking suspect and Minnesota is looking dominant at times. Not all too shabby.

Look for the other two divisions in the next post.