Gayest way to score??  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion?

• Cross crease
    • Ramming the goalie
    • Pass goal thru the five hole from center ice
    • Floater shot on goal for the easy rebound

2 hours ago, danTML7 said:

This guy was ahead of his time and I wish this mentality permeated the community more at the time. Sorry I wasn't here to back you up on this. 

I had questions myself until I saw the original post date. Although I'd thought that this vernacular was discontinued by the end of the '90s.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I can verify still hearing this kind of thing out in public in the late 2000s so this didn't surprise me. Well, after I noticed the massive necrobump anyway.

Can't remember having heard it in quite some time, though.

As for gayest way to score, I'll see the casual homophobia and raise you two for slashing.

cropped_REUA_536220__1_.jpg

• Haha 1

The word "gay" is just slang. Nothing deeper than that.

EDIT: notice how african-americans are allowed to say "nigga" and nobody cares? funny how some things work in this society.

Edited by Premium

30 minutes ago, Premium said:

The word "gay" is just slang. Nothing deeper than that.

EDIT: notice how african-americans are allowed to say "nigga" and nobody cares? funny how some things work in this society.

Come on, man... this is very dangerous and ill-timed argument.  "Slang" is weak excuse.  Yes, if a black man/woman calls another black man/woman that word, that's their choice.  I get it but, it doesn't make it right.  But yes, if they feel it's culturally acceptable, then that's on them to have that comfort level as they are both black in that example.  But, do gay men abuse the word "gay" to each other as slang?  No.  It's offensive to them to use as slang and devalues them.  Weak argument.  I'm married to a woman and find it offensive.  It's because it makes a negative conutation of a word that some people identify as their way of life.  Slang as an excuse only exacerbates the bigger issue of folks not realizing that words can be used as weapons.  Think about it, if a gay man visits this site because they like NHL94 or hockey and sees that word used, how do you expect them to feel?  Welcomed?  Appreciated?  Come on!

@Evan @chaos @kingraph @clockwise @halifax - you all have been responsible and fair moderators for this site.  Please do the right thing and close down this thread.  Let's not let this discussion of a "sensitive topic" turn into something like that dumb post from the guy from NY, last year, claiming COVID was a hoax.  That took a while to close down and got heated.  Can we please avoid that, here, as this really shouldn't be a topic of discussion on such a site.  While I respect everyone's right to their own opinion, the word, in the title alone, is inappropriate and offensive.

Edited by Sauce
  • Like 3

• smozoma changed the title to Cheapest Way To Get A Goal In 94
  • kingraph locked this topic