jrodimus

Gayest way to score??  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion?

• Cross crease
    • Ramming the goalie
    • Pass goal thru the five hole from center ice
    • Floater shot on goal for the easy rebound

[mod: topic title changed to 'cheapest' because this isn't 90s high school anymore, but conversations preserved]

Of course it depends on who you ask, but these were the four I could come up with.

Any of these (pretty much) can be averted with decent goalie control and quick thinking.

Your thoughts? :D

Of course it depends on who you ask, but these were the four I could come up with.

Any of these (pretty much) can be averted with decent goalie control and quick thinking.

Your thoughts? :D

lol dude, the very reason you posted this poll is because of our discussion a few days ago.

We'll guess where this vote is going broham?

It's as gay as Sparky.

I said floater because i dont really think any of these goals are gay. The one I hate the most is the one where you go to man goalie to stop a deke, and your moron computer d-man holds the attacking player enough for him to get loose and spin around and score.

i don't mean to be a downer but describing cheap ways to score as 'gay', is a bit unnecessary fellas. Not everyone in the world is straight and/or automatically equates the word 'gay' to the words stupid, lame, or cheap.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

i don't mean to be a downer but describing cheap ways to score as 'gay', is a bit unnecessary fellas. Not everyone in the world is straight and/or automatically equates the word 'gay' to the words stupid, lame, or cheap.

True Skoolio. My bad dude.

Let's just call them 'Liberal' or 'Democratic' goals. I think those are synonomous with the way Jrod is using the word gay.

:D

There's really no gay way to score if you can defend against it.

I voted for the cross crease, but if you can't stop a shot, they're just gonna keep using it.

lol dude, the very reason you posted this poll is because of our discussion a few days ago.

We'll guess where this vote is going broham?

It's as gay as Sparky.

Guilty as charged, Ice

(but it's still fun)

Not trying to offend anyone, boys and girls

Just a figure of speech-guess I shoulda put up a disclaimer :D

There's really no gay way to score if you can defend against it.

I voted for the cross crease, but if you can't stop a shot, they're just gonna keep using it.

I gotta agree with SSiG here. As much as I hate to be scored against when my opponent uses some of these tactics... ultimately, it's my fault for leaving myself open to it. If I don't learn and they take advantage of it... more power to em.

I gotta agree with SSiG here. As much as I hate to be scored against when my opponent uses some of these tactics... ultimately, it's my fault for leaving myself open to it. If I don't learn and they take advantage of it... more power to em.

And I'm going to defend a shot that I love to do (some call it the EA Special... thx to bhf ;-) ) The wrist shot / rebound goal is a great tactic to keep the other guy on his toes. I'll be the first to admit it doesn't work all the time but you need to know with particular players where that shot is most effective to make the G dive out of the way. It does take some knowledge to know where that play will work depending on the guy shooting.

Some might consider it cheap, I call it diversifying your offensive strategy. What separates the best from the rest in most of our lgs is that someone who can use all types of attack strategies. I'll point one person that comes to mind right now... he's a guy that is better than most at doing utilizing every offensive look is scribe. Imo, no matter how good you are at one aspect of the game, once you have a game plan that's predictable, your opponent has an immediate advantage.

• Love 1

I feel the way most of you do, a goal is a goal no matter how they are scored. They can all be defended.

What annoys me more than anything is when someone shoots, your goalie makes the auto-save, the star lights up on the goalie so you take control and then the puck trickles into the net anyways (with or without being hit). You don't do anything wrong, you stop the puck, but it goes in. Very annoying.

The only two goals which I consider lame and actually bother me when people use them are:

1)The pass-shot from behind the blue line and through the five hole. Honestly, pass shots don't bother me. Those take skill to pull off. But a shot that's taken from a ridiculous position and goes in from THAT far away? Now those bother me.

2)The old "after the whistle goal". 'Nuff said.

No surprise the Jesus okey doke was omited from the poll..It's more manly than Jon Wayne in a whiskey distillery draped in concubines wearing a ten gallon stetson.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

No kidding man. When I saw you do that against me, I just had to try it myself. I've gotten it done twice, but that's it. It's frickin' awesome. :(

My new fave trick shot is to catch the goalie wandering into the far corner, grab the puck behind the net, pull to the front of the net (between the net and goalie, and tuck her in.

Tough as hell to do, but crafty and sneaky as hell. Haven't figured out how to set it up like the okey-doke

The only two goals which I consider lame and actually bother me when people use them are:

1)The pass-shot from behind the blue line and through the five hole. Honestly, pass shots don't bother me. Those take skill to pull off. But a shot that's taken from a ridiculous position and goes in from THAT far away? Now those bother me.

2)The old "after the whistle goal". 'Nuff said.

i used to realy freak out over certain goals like cross front goals and the weak shot and rebound goal, but now i say evereything goes

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play in the leagues on here, but in my circle, the cross crease goal is simply known as "The b***h Move" and is automatically disallowed. In the case of disagreement between the two players, a third party is brought in to watch the replay and judge whether it was legal or not. I once had to call a friend out of state and describe it to him over the phone go get a ruling.

When I first discovered this site, the first question I had was "I wonder if they allow The b***h Move?"

I don't play in the leagues on here, but in my circle, the cross crease goal is simply known as "The b***h Move" and is automatically disallowed. In the case of disagreement between the two players, a third party is brought in to watch the replay and judge whether it was legal or not. I once had to call a friend out of state and describe it to him over the phone go get a ruling.

When I first discovered this site, the first question I had was "I wonder if they allow The b***h Move?"

Any and all types of goals are permitted. If one was to watch any of the vet players, they have a defensive or manual goalie answer to stop the B****h move and all kinds of these "gay" goals. Thats what makes them champions. I had the same feelings as u did mkgrenwel, but i soon learnt that its all part of this crazy game that we have all fallen in love with.

Well if u put penaltys on, on snes they call the interference most of the time. Not on Sega but it doesent matter, it's funny

Actually the gayest way to score a goal would probably be on a ram in a settee with compatible window treatments wearing mesh pj's and a Ring Pop - not that there's anything wrong with that.

The oldest goal would be sitting in a Hover Round chair wearing Totes and sucking on a Werthers Original when you become incontinent and score on yourself.

Coolest goal would be at Hef's house in aviator shades with a snes '94 cart underneath the entertainment center keeping it level the while Playmate girls feed you grapes, you score a okey doke goal and say, "neat-o bandit-o".

Most Zen like goal would be cross legged in the nude against Arena 00 while mild altering fumes escape from the bong you made with controller 2.

• Haha 1

the most gayest goal i made was when i had a penalty and the dude came in front of his net i cheked him with fleury and the puck went into the net XD

Wrong thread! That's an awesome goal worthy of telling your grandkids about!

Yea, how about the wide cross crease goals, where u move to stop the lameness and he puts in a slapshot right where u just moved from, love that one. Id have to say crashing the goalie, because its not as easy to defend against if you've mastered it, cross crease goals are childs play

• 13 years later...
On 12/24/2007 at 5:20 AM, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

And I'm going to defend a shot that I love to do (some call it the EA Special... thx to bhf ;-) ) The wrist shot / rebound goal is a great tactic to keep the other guy on his toes. I'll be the first to admit it doesn't work all the time but you need to know with particular players where that shot is most effective to make the G dive out of the way. It does take some knowledge to know where that play will work depending on the guy shooting.

Some might consider it cheap, I call it diversifying your offensive strategy. What separates the best from the rest in most of our lgs is that someone who can use all types of attack strategies. I'll point one person that comes to mind right now... he's a guy that is better than most at doing utilizing every offensive look is scribe. Imo, no matter how good you are at one aspect of the game, once you have a game plan that's predictable, your opponent has an immediate advantage.

BUMPING this post.  Thanks to @smozomafor sleuthing this, but the origin of the phrase "EA Special" is confirmed to have been coined by @backhandfloater.  And indeed because @IAmFleury'sHipCheck was abusing people with that shot :lol:

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2007 at 7:14 PM, skoolyardpuck said:

This guy was ahead of his time and I wish this mentality permeated the community more at the time. Sorry I wasn't here to back you up on this. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/16/2008 at 4:00 PM, mkgrenwel said:

the only "b***h" move is not using your goalie to stop the cross crease lol. then the next move to beat the goalie control is the reverse spinorama flip. I LOVE the meta in this game!!!