NHL'94 Forums

How Soon Will Ssig Come Back?

jrodimus

Vegas odds on SSiG's return  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How soon will the NHL94 grip bring him back?

• a few days
    • couple of weeks
    • a month or two
    • stick a fork in him-he's done

I've talked to him several times on AIM and he sounds extremely frustrated. I think a long cooling off period is what he needs. Maybe some games against the CPU to get his confidence back up and he'll catch the fever again.

I agree, hes had some tough luck with the game lately. Hes a great person, and he beat my ass last time we played, if thats any indictation that we would be losing a very skilled player.

I think he just needs some time away from the game, once the itch returns......he will be back better than ever.

I can understand how he feels. I have had my fair share of defeats, it frustrating and i have contemplated leaving the game.

Only time can heal those wounds, but its sad to see such a stand up dude, leaving the game.

Keep your head up man. Im sure you will be back.

:)

Way for someone to care enough about me to make a poll.

Seriously though, except for classic seasons, I'm done. I have no interest in going to other leagues and getting pasted on a nightly basis. I'd much rather hang around the lower Gens divisions and play competitive games. I don't mind losing those, it's the 8 goal + blowouts I hate.

I don't know about you guys, but our man SSiG seems pretty done with playing. What do you guys think?

Vote early/often! B)

damn dude, option A voters won. Who knew

I believe that SSiG's retirement will be as permanent as Jay Z's B)

How dare you compare me to a rapper! :)

Seriously though, I'm done in high-skill leagues. I'm sticking to the minors :P

SSIG-spot- I recommend trading in your controller in on a fancy new keyboard and chat online with some sort of sports psychologist heal your wounds and when you are up to it throw your panties back in the ring. This forum has painfully become the ssig support group. Less chat+more practice=beter results..........

Less chat+more practice=better results..........

Great analysis Dog. Couldn't have said it any better.

SSiG maybe you don't really want to get better, you just like this game/site for socializing and the time to time self-defocation? Which is all good.

B)

Less chat+more practice=better results..........

Great analysis Dog. Couldn't have said it any better.

SSiG maybe you don't really want to get better, you just like this game/site for socializing and the time to time self-defocation? Which is all good.

:)

Ice Storm...I think you mean self-DEPRICATION...which is to put oneself down...defecation is something entirely else and one of the more regular bodily functions.

No, I'm pretty sure I meant the following:)

Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defecation

Defecation is the act or process by which organisms eliminate solid or semisolid waste material (feces) from the digestive tract via the anus. Humans expel feces with a frequency varying from a few times daily to a few times weekly; sloths can go a week without expelling. Waves of muscular contraction known as peristalsis in the walls of the colon move fecal matter through the digestive tract towards the rectum. Undigested food may also be expelled this way; this process is called egestion.

The rectum ampulla (anatomically also: ampulla recti) acts as a temporary storage facility for the unneeded material. As the rectal walls expand due to the material filling it, stretch receptors from the nervous system located in the rectal walls stimulate the desire to defecate. If the urge is not acted upon, the material in the rectum is often returned to the colon where more water is absorbed. If defecation is delayed for a prolonged period the fecal matter may harden, resulting in constipation.

When the rectum is full, an increase in intrarectal pressure forces the walls of the anal canal apart allowing the fecal matter to enter the canal. The rectum shortens as material is forced into the anal canal and peristaltic waves push the feces out of the rectum. The internal and external anal sphincters allow the feces to be passed by muscles pulling the anus up over the exiting feces.

During defecation the chest muscles, diaphragm, abdominal wall muscles, and pelvic diaphragm all exert pressure on the digestive tract and ventilation temporarily ceases as the lungs push the chest diaphragm down in order to exert pressure. Blood pressure rises throughout the body and the amount of blood pumped by the heart decreases. During this time, the body is effectively undergoing similar stresses to that of a valsalva maneuver. Death has been known to occur in cases where defecation causes the blood pressure to rise enough to cause the rupture of an aneurysm or to dislodge blood clots (see thrombosis).

Humans must consciously relax the external sphincter muscles to expel waste. The anal and urethal sphincter muscles are closely linked, and experiments by Dr. Harrison Weed at the Ohio State University Medical Center have shown that they can only be contracted together, not individually, and that they both show relaxation during urination[citation needed]. This explains why defecation is frequently accompanied with urination.

Defecation may be involuntary or under voluntary control. Young children learn voluntary control through the process of toilet training. Once trained, loss of control causing fecal incontinence may be caused by physical injury (such as damage to the anal sphincter that may result from an episiotomy), intense fright, inflammatory bowel disease, impaired water absorption in the colon (see diarrhea), and psychological or neurological factors.

The positions and modalities of defecation are culture-dependent. In some regions of the world, such as South Asia, East Asia and rural parts of the Middle East, it is customary to squat (typically using squat toilets), while in most of the Western World sit-down toilets are used.

The anus and buttocks may be cleansed with toilet paper or similar paper products. In some cultures water is also used (e.g. as with a bidet). In Japan, some toilets known as washlets are designed to wash and dry the anus of the user after defecation.

Welp, this topic has officially gone downhill.

Might be a good time to put it to sleep.

See what happens when people talk about me? All hell breaks loose :P