NHL'94 Forums

Winter Classic 2008

dmac

Do you think it was enough to lure some fans from America to the NHL?

There were rumours starting everywhere that there would another Winter Classic somewhere, but I think if that happens every year, some fans will just get bored of the idea and not be interested anymore.

What do you all think?

panel_WinterClassic_1_.jpg

Do you think it was enough to lure some fans from America to the NHL?

There were rumours starting everywhere that there would another Winter Classic somewhere, but I think if that happens every year, some fans will just get bored of the idea and not be interested anymore.

What do you all think?

panel_WinterClassic_1_.jpg

I love the idea. One every winter would be awesome. Don't think it really grew the sport much at all. But for us hardcore fans, it brought a tear to my eye. I was sitting indian style in front of the TV on the floor the whole game. Felt like a kid again watching it.

I think they should make it an annual game that Buffalo and maybe Detroit host. SImilar to what the NFL does on Thanksgiving (Det/Dal host games only). I'm partial to Buff being 45 min away :(

I know alot of people who don't normally watch hockey turned it on, but it probably didn't lure too many people in.

The fact it was snowing hard in the 1st and 3rd was pretty cool. Seemed almost planned that it would goto a shootout and Crosby would net the winner. A couple friends called that early into the game.

Anyway, I love the outdoor games and hope they continue.

-Evan

Believe it or not guys...it was the highest rated sports broadcast that day according to the Nielsen ratings...I think it had a 2.8 or something...I am not sure how that translates to new hockey fans, but it does show that there is interest out there...I do agree with Evan though I feel like the game was predictable...