NHL'94 Forums

Which is better 94 Genesis version, cd , or NES

My favorite version is the genesis version. I have not had a chnace to play the sega cd, but the genesis version I feel is better playability then the NES. IT has smoother gameplay and skating.

Wboy brought this topic to my attention, here it goes. 

Which game do you prefer, NES94, GEN94, or SEGACD94?

what are the gameplay differences?

what are the resolution differences?

Which has the best gameplay?

I only play the Sega CD version because it's not choppy like the Genesis or the SNES version. When you have played all the versions enough, you tend to pick up on things like that. Easily, the best version of the game is the Sega CD because it plays smoother, no framerate cuts.

Genesis.

Oh wait, I think this is supposed to start a flamewar.

Ok, how's this:

OMG GENSIS ROXX U SUK STUPD SN333ZZ AND C3D IV NEVER PLAYD TH0SE BUT IM SURE THEY SUKZ0RZZZ

I do like the SNES controls here you hit the X button to grab the manual goalie and the graphics are nice and defence control. But they had to cut the framerate down a lot just so the game would be playable on the SNES.

All the versions of NHL 94 are worthy games but the Sega CD version just happens to be the best one of the three games.

• 2 weeks later...

The snes version is very good and i don't see any choppiness. I've never played the cd version but i can safely say the snes version is better than genisis

I prefer the Genesis and Sega CD versions over SNES.

After playing this game for years, I have much more fun playing the Sega versions of the game. I have never played the SNES version with more than 2 people, so I can't say how much fun it is with like a 2 on 2 game.

There's no right answer to this question though. They are all great games.

:(

I enjoy all versions but I like playing SNES if it's just the comp playing. It has a much better AI then the others. It's basically a WIN WIN WIN situation.

• 3 weeks later...

I like all the version of NHL'94, but the Genesis version is the most classic. SNES was a system designed for Mario games and mindless beat'em up fighting games, not sports. Though the NBA Live series is much better on SNES than Genesis.

• 1 month later...

Genesis version easily:

Multiplayer ONLINE: okay snes has this too, SegaCD doesnt, and onlineplay

is a major thing for me, I only play nhl94 online nowadays

Hackable bins: can edit new teams and stuff, smaller puck, realistic

goal crease and stuff, u cant beat that.

great, but the thing that u can't play it multiplayer online just makes it

not even comparable with snes or gens version, but if we're doing offline

comparison, well, then the thing could be different. (I just enjoy playing

20-30 human player nhl94 leagues too much, compared playing cpu or just your

friend who visits occasionally)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes, i forgot about the online part, ya, the Genesis version is my second choice.

Does anyone know yet if we will be able to play the NHL 94 game that is included on the NHL 06 game for the PS2 online?

• 3 weeks later...
I have never played the SNES version with more than 2 people, so I can't say how much fun it is with like a 2 on 2 game.

SNES ... more goals in 2vs2 mode!

Just curious, but are you guys implying implying that the Genesis version does not have support for four players?

In Gens, setting the emulators controller settings so Port 1 is set to the "Team Player" device and then loading NHL94 does allow you to play 2 vs 2 (or 2 vs 1) in Regular Season mode. Unfortunately, 3+ players is not supported in Playoff Mode though I wonder if a hack could get around that.

post-11-1125046680_thumb.jpg

post-11-1125046718_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

bringing up an old thread here but I recently been active on this great site. Easily sega cd version is the best. Genesis a very close second, then snes. Snes made terrible sports games compared to the genesis, but I enjoyed their other games like mario kart. The only thing I liked about snes is pressing a button to control the goalie instead of holding the button down. If I remember correctly that's how it worked, I only played the game for snes a couple of times YEARS ago. I gave up WAY TOO MANY goals waiting for that damn goalie to click on over the years resulting in OneTimer1981 (he's a noob) to receive my fist after the fact.

I held a tourny awhile back and we must have played the cd version on my widescreen for 6-7 hours straight. For whatever reason, either we were bored or heavily drunk, we popped in the cartridge and played a game. Holy smokes! Our eyes were conditioned on the smoothness of the CD for soo long that the genesis version looked choppy as all hell. You could literally see the frame rates or whatever you call them when they made the game. It was crazy. The CD version just feels smoother to me the first time I played it.

say it... say it..... SEGA!!