NHL'94 Forums

Buffalo Sabres

mkgrenwel

Two questions, answer true or false:

1) Buffalo is a finesse team?

2)Buffalo is the best team in the game at scoring one-timers?

1) I would say they're more of a finesse team than a physical team; however, Svoboda can hit the hell out of people in this game. Buffalo's a good team to use for breakout passing with the speed of Mogilny, and the skills of players like Hawerchuk, LaFontaine, and Khmylev.

2) Maybe, maybe not. It really depends on your style of play and how you set up your one-timers. I think that Chicago, Detroit, and St. Louis are also very good teams to shoot one-timers with in this game.

1) They are a team that can be knocked around with the exception of Mogliny.

2) They arent the best team, but they are alright. Just be sure to put Mogilny at Center. The best team for one-timers is DET or whatever team Jrod or EA is playing with LOL..

So this means the ability of an individual player to check is exactly opposite on Genesis vs SNES? I have played both versions extensively and have never noticed this rather significant difference. Not that I'm questioning it, but how is this known?

1) They're a b***h team! Sorry, just had to work that in there, but in all seriousness, they are actually a team you can be really straight forward with because they are fast and tough.

2) I personally experience very little success one timing with buffalo, mogilny is too fast for me in the middle, i like LA, NYI, and QUE for one timing teams.