NHL'94 Forums

2on2 Winter Open

HABS

Basic tournament with a small round robin vs each team, seedings then assigned and best of 7 playoff rounds begin. Open to other formats as well.

Sign up here, you MUST be active and ready to play most nights. If you don't have a partner, we'll pair you up.

Will be using 2on2 season 3 rom, not sure exactly how team selection going to work yet. I think jesus is working on a version 3.

This tournament will lead us into season 3 of the 2on2 league and will hopefully finish within 2-3 weeks.

www.2on2.org for the rom

Confirmed players:

Habs/EA76

sebe

Shifty/dadonch

Sungod

Jesus

Elio

Freydey/Zalex

Rotanadan

Hokkeefan*

Ok, i think we have a good core of 12 guys now. For 6 teams, most of you are very active so we can get this going soon.

Rotanadan

Hokkeefan*

Sungod

Jesus

Elio

Sebe

Now to make 3 teams from these guys, imo the most fair way to split these guys would be jesus/rotanadan, elio/hokkeefan, sebe/sundog. But really, its up to you guys try to talk to everybody and pair with somebody.

Ok, i think we have a good core of 12 guys now. For 6 teams, most of you are very active so we can get this going soon.

Rotanadan

Hokkeefan*

Sungod

Jesus

Elio

Sebe

Now to make 3 teams from these guys, imo the most fair way to split these guys would be jesus/rotanadan, elio/hokkeefan, sebe/sundog. But really, its up to you guys try to talk to everybody and pair with somebody.

Sdogg is in, if there is an opening

I have a question about the rom.

Are the players all equal? how do you decide stats if not? i remember playing not long ago and it seemed like our guys were just crap compared the other team. Are we using the same rom or cooking up a new version for this tourny? Equal players would be the way to go imo.

I have a question about the rom.

Are the players all equal? how do you decide stats if not? i remember playing not long ago and it seemed like our guys were just crap compared the other team. Are we using the same rom or cooking up a new version for this tourny? Equal players would be the way to go imo.

the one we currently use, all of the player teams (not nyi, phi, tor, mtl, edm, bos, can) are all equally rated. For the tournament we'll probably just add/edit some of the player teams.

the teams look fine to me. Am I paired with hokeefan? I've never played with him before but that doesn't matter.

So hokkefan, how am I going to get a hold of you? are you on aim? maybe I already have your name on here but I just dont know it.

if you fear that you can't get a good enough connection then I can pair up with someone else, I see a few more people looking to get in, lemme know whats happening and I'll make a move from there

Format could be.....

Group East:

Habs/EA76

Sebe/Sungod

Elio/Hokkee

Group West:

Shifty/DaDonch

Freydey/Zalex

Jesus/Rotandan

Play each team in your group 3 times. Two teams advance out of each group which are reseeded according to total wins.

Semifinals are best of 7. Finals are best of 9.

Just a thought.

the teams look fine to me. Am I paired with hokeefan? I've never played with him before but that doesn't matter.

So hokkefan, how am I going to get a hold of you? are you on aim? maybe I already have your name on here but I just dont know it.

if you fear that you can't get a good enough connection then I can pair up with someone else, I see a few more people looking to get in, lemme know whats happening and I'll make a move from there

\

actually i could probably find decent server but im going to have to sit out since i just found out i will be goimg to work camp during the week cause we are too far out of town :P ........................for 3 weeks.so i will only be available on weekends

Wow Best of 9! Best of 7 is not enough? well it doesent really matter cause i don't think we will make to the final so it's up to u guys :P

Habs and EA are a team in the season...gonna have to face them either way. And they are damn good.

i thought we were splitting the teams fairly lol....

HABS AND EA????????

Thats like an allstar team....

I don't really like 2 groups since you are only facing two other teams in the league, and also 3 games per team wouldnt really work since home/away isnt going to be split properly. I'm leaning towards one conference with 4/6 making the playoffs. Finals best of 9 isnt a bad a idea.

With the teams, icestorm, jesus, elio and rotanadan have not formed teams yet.

Also everybody should let me know what team they want, we got LA, im assuming shifty/donch will take ANA. Remember you won't have a fantasy team, all teams will be equal. We can probably start this up, as soon as I know the teams.

Ok, since ppl are concerned over stacked teams. Heres an idea EA cooked up for a 5on5 lg format, where everybody is seeded and the vets are paired up with newer players -noobs. You guys like this idea? (using 2on2 rom of course)I don't want to do the seedings though.

I dunno if this makes sense, but in my experience with the current GDL 2on2season 3 (or something like that) rom, although the teams are "equal" they guys aren't necessarily the same.

Allow me to elaborate...I think it's buffalo, they have an "overall" equal to the other teams, but I find the guys skate slower than the dudes on Anaheim. They must have better shooting accuracy or something like that to make up for it overall.

I personally would prefer a faster skater, over a hard shot any day.

So am I just hallucinating or is this true? is there going to be amendments made so that equal teams are equal in every way, or just in their overall rating.

Also, hokkee....is out, so who wants to play on my team? I saw a few names listed who were still pending placement. Let me know anyone who wants to play alongside me.

Team preference....well if everything is equal then I don't have a preference at all, as long as they are equal its just a matter of the jersey colors....So Chicago is cool, black and red.

finally, my two cents...every team is in the same group for the round robin. Then top 4 proceed to the next round (semifinals) and so on. The way I see it, one big group means more 1st round games, and that gives a much more accurate standings at the end of the 1st round. So a good team that had 1 or 2 unlucky games won't get absolutely screwed.

s**t i forgot something else,

seeding sounds good, it would work "in theory" but I think in order to obtain accurate seeds we would have to play a series of 1 on 1 games in the 2v2 rom to see who is better than who. And then at that point the seeding is based on how good a person plays with a computer teammate.

I think the best way to assign numbers is to have someone who has played enough games with each person involved to just "eyeball it". It won't be exact, but it will be close enough.

We all know each other here.

Seeding should not be public (no one wants to be last seed), it should be done by habs. He knows enough to seed us accordingly. Leave it to habs to create the teams. I don't care who my teammate is, I think most of you guys share that way of thinking as well.

s**t i forgot something else,

seeding sounds good, it would work "in theory" but I think in order to obtain accurate seeds we would have to play a series of 1 on 1 games in the 2v2 rom to see who is better than who. And then at that point the seeding is based on how good a person plays with a computer teammate.

I think the best way to assign numbers is to have someone who has played enough games with each person involved to just "eyeball it". It won't be exact, but it will be close enough.

Also, hokkee....is out, so who wants to play on my team? I saw a few names listed who were still pending placement. Let me know anyone who wants to play alongside me.

i could play but i will only be available now till sunday night and then friday after 6 until sunday night so if thats enough i will play and also i would need partner who will actually be online alot and willing to play lots.if this is fine then i am in.then after 3 weeks im available alot as usual

Ok, since ppl are concerned over stacked teams. Heres an idea EA cooked up for a 5on5 lg format, where everybody is seeded and the vets are paired up with newer players -noobs. You guys like this idea? (using 2on2 rom of course)I don't want to do the seedings though.

To be honest, I really don't want to give up Habs as my partner. We've put in a lot of time building a great team chemistry which, for me, is the fun of playing 2on2. However, if there are a lot of new guys just working their way into 2on2 and it's decided that we pair up according to seedings, I'm fine with that. Although, I would prefer that guys are playing with other guys that they want to partner up with.

Saw a lot of new coaches respond to this thread, this league should be a lot of fun.

Jesus, any word from VC for some 2on2? Tell that guy to to man up a 20 spot and buy himself a controller. Maybe he'll listen to you. :P

ok in all honesty i think the teams should be made randomly......meaning no seedin a vet paired with noob simple as that just to make it more fun.......as for the rom i disagree with elio i think all the players should be the same.......

either way i have no problem how we decide to do it .....