NHL'94 Forums

Who will win the cup in 08?

clockwise

I am gonna say the Flyers will lose in 7 games to Detroit....Seriously if Detroit does not win this year they will never win the cup again.

First thing.... f**k the penguins they are overated there are only 4th in eastern

The Montreal Canadians

Why?

1st line

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev Good 1st line scoring at each game

2nd line

Ryder-Koivu-Higgins 2nd line that supports the attack and can give the victory

3rd line

S.Kostitsyn-Lapierre-Latendresse Young and talented 3rd line with a good combination of playmaker,Grinder and power forward

4th line

Kostopoulos/Bégin-Smolinski-Dandenault some good Grinders that can score

Defense

Komisarek-Markov great duo Komisarek checks hard and markov support the offensive

Hamrlik-Streit very good veteran in hamrlik and a versatile defenseman in streit

Gorges-O'byrne young guys with talent

Huet 93% save what do i need to say more?

First thing.... f**k the penguins they are overated there are only 4th in eastern

The Montreal Canadians

Why?

1st line

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev Good 1st line scoring at each game

2nd line

Ryder-Koivu-Higgins 2nd line that supports the attack and can give the victory

3rd line

S.Kostitsyn-Lapierre-Latendresse Young and talented 3rd line with a good combination of playmaker,Grinder and power forward

4th line

Kostopoulos/Bégin-Smolinski-Dandenault some good Grinders that can score

Defense

Komisarek-Markov great duo Komisarek checks hard and markov support the offensive

Hamrlik-Streit very good veteran in hamrlik and a versatile defenseman in streit

Gorges-O'byrne young guys with talent

Huet 93% save what do i need to say more?

The "over-rated" Penguins team you speak of, Crosby-less, pretty much took it to the Habs in their own barn on Saturday night...

The "over-rated" Penguins team you speak of, Crosby-less, pretty much took it to the Habs in their own barn on Saturday night...

shhhh! thats to much reality for homer hab fans to handle.

I predict the Red Wings over the Sens, probably in 5 games. I don't think the Cup will be that exciting this year..

And as for the Canucks winning the cup, well, I doubt it.

lol I may be a crazy Canucks fan, but I really don't think they have enough to take themselves to the cup. But then again, like smoz said, if the Canucks somehow do acquire Sundin then they could have a chance. But don't forget the Canucks will have to give up someone good in order to get him.

I actually think Anaheim has a good chance of making it to the cup again.

You know whats funny Jamonica? the game after u replied me the habs won 8-2 kovalev 1 goal kostitsyn 2 goals markov and komisarek +4 and no the canucks dont have a chance... dont get me wrong they are a good team but the offense is based on only 1 line it will probably be like the last year (most boring serie ever Vs the Stars(dont get me wrong it was tight but 3-4 ot's a bit)) and i think that the habs could afford Sundin because of the mcdonaugh chipchura latendresse and all those young players but i doubt they will trade Sundin to their arch ennemy and i doubt sundin would get accepted....

The Russian Rocket said:
You know whats funny Jamonica? the game after u replied me the habs won 8-2 kovalev 1 goal kostitsyn 2 goals markov and komisarek +4 and no the canucks dont have a chance... dont get me wrong they are a good team but the offense is based on only 1 line it will probably be like the last year (most boring serie ever Vs the Stars(dont get me wrong it was tight but 3-4 ot's a bit)) and i think that the habs could afford Sundin because of the mcdonaugh chipchura latendresse and all those young players but i doubt they will trade Sundin to their arch ennemy and i doubt sundin would get accepted....

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

Smoz raises a good point. A lot of people seem to overlook Sundin. Sure, they know he's a good player, but nobody seems to realize that if he actually got some GOOD wingers to play with, he would be a 100+ point scorer for sure. I personally find his 12 or 13 consecutive 70 point seasons almost a miracle, considering his linemates lately.

If Sundin goes to Detroit, it's hard to see them not at the very least making it to the cup final

As much as i would like my New Jersey Devils to win, they just don't have the scoring punch to go deep into the playoffs.

I see Ottawa winning it all this time-once a good team gets within a hair of winning the cup they usually win it soon after.

As much as i would like my New Jersey Devils to win, they just don't have the scoring punch to go deep into the playoffs.

I see Ottawa winning it all this time-once a good team gets within a hair of winning the cup they usually win it soon after.

like i said earlier ill take the sens...all i can say is if wade redden decides to show up and alfredson plays like last year they will win.....i am also sure the the sens will add some good role guys down the strech....forget sundin but i wouldnt be suprised if they make a splash and get a big name they are very close . despite the recent struggles i really like the core make up of this team in redden, phillips, alfredson,heatlley and spezza. not to mention great guys around the nucleus like fisher , vermette , volchenkov ect.... not to mention gerber has been solid

all that being said i hope my habs take it.....this team reminds me of the 93 team.....only difference they dont have a patrick roy lets see what happens

all that being said i hope my habs take it.....this team reminds me of the 93 team.....only difference they dont have a patrick roy lets see what happens

Wow, I never noticed how young that team was, before:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000451993.html

of their top 16 points-getters, only 1 (dennis savard) was older than 28 (he was 31). Most were 24 or younger!

that was a really good team some major stars emerged from the canadiens like john leclar or eric desjardins great trade by the way...(omg we got fleeced)

but although the youth and defence is quite comparable the goalie is the issue. No disrespect to Crotoball hes far from ST PATRICK

but like the canes proved a couple of years ago anything can happen.....cam ward anyone?

Habs will win!!

2nd in east right now, and on fire.

EVERYBODY expected this team to be in rebuilding phase this season and miss playoffs, but things have clicked and the prospects/ young stars are developing faster than ever.

+ damn we have alot of canadiens fans up in here.

very few laffs fans on the 94 forums i notice. :)

notice people always picking the #1 seeds for the finals, its always detroit/ottawa. I think ott has a legit chance for sure, but they can be beat. In the west, I dont get to watch too many teams...but I'm going to have to go with the Kings they look ready to go 30-0 heading into 8th seed.

Habs will win!!

2nd in east right now, and on fire.

EVERYBODY expected this team to be in rebuilding phase this season and miss playoffs, but things have clicked and the prospects/ young stars are developing faster than ever.

+ damn we have alot of canadiens fans up in here.

very few laffs fans on the 94 forums i notice. :)

notice people always picking the #1 seeds for the finals, its always detroit/ottawa. I think ott has a legit chance for sure, but they can be beat. In the west, I dont get to watch too many teams...but I'm going to have to go with the Kings they look ready to go 30-0 heading into 8th seed.

There are quite a few LEAFS fans here, actually. The thing is, we're aware that the team stinks this year, we don't really need to be told time and time again. We're aware, I assure you.

Being a Ducks fan I would love to see a repeat. Maybe with Selanne back in the line up, he'll get back into his swing and maybe make a difference in that. I would love to see another Ducks vs Sens series and have the ducks repeat, but in reality I think it's the Wings year.

nhl NEEDS something like a CHICAGO / NY RANGERS finals lol...

or Kings...

they need atleast 1 large US market to make the finals to give em some real ratings, tb/cal, edm/caro, ana/ott were terrible matchups for nbc. Great for CBC tho...

I don't know who from the west whose actually a contender is in a big hockey market besides detroit, even they are having trouble selling out this season mostly because michigan is in a depression.

But from the east, NYR, philly, pitt, buffalo, boston would all draw decent ratings. hmm i wonder if boston still has any fans.

• 3 weeks later...

The habs have one a cup every decade. and this year is the best we've been in a long time.

solid chance for montreal this year. and the decade is almost over...

And ottawa chokes every year in the playoffs.

as far as the west goes...who cares its gonna be an eastern canadian team this year!